Food plot time

I have the same size from tractor supply. Be careful with a full tank my quad gets awful tippy. The wand will shoot an easy 20' with the pump all the way up and no bypass.

Anyone know how to get rid of multiflora rose short of spraying Round Up? I have it spreading and would prefer not to spray my whole hill with roundup it's only in patches but mowing it didn't seem to do anything but spread it.

We've had real good luck with spot application of roundup max on the rose. Problem is when it's dead, you have dead, yet still sharp, rose.

Yeah that part sucks, ill probably just throw it on the burn pile.
the round up for brush & vine or you wont kill it

I have honcho right now that I cam basically mix at any concentration so I'll look to see what they recommend for vines and brush.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Should be planting by the end of the week. Both plots are in the back (and side) yard. Fun to watch the deer pile in.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Clover and chicory in the main field. Turnips and beets in the north field. My kids wanted me to do corn but I tried last year without success.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I've been spot treating mulitiflora for two years now to get it under control. This year it seems that there's lots of bushes showing symptoms of rose florette disease, which I was told by a forester friend had entered the area. If so, they will not survive, as it's uniformly lethal. Symptoms are:

• Leaves and twigs produced are a bright, rich, red color.
  • Leaves are distorted and twisted.
  • There may be a proliferation of leaves.
  • The stems grow slowly and produce excessive thorns.
  • There may be so many thorns that there is no stem available to be seen and the thorns are often red-tinged.

Also, I wouldn't advise using a bulldozer unless you're prepared for the results, since ripping up the ground just allows the seed bank to grow. It'll work great in the short term, but you'll have ten times the trouble in a few years time unless you really keep on top of it. A hydro-ax or mulching brush mower on a skid steer would be a better bet, but it'd still be best to spray the bush first. It's hard to get away from the chemicals for something as invasive as MFR. I've been locating the main stems on truly enormous bushes and treating cut ends with Tordon, but since Tordon is soil available it can spread (potentially...given enough treatments and time). Round up Brush and Vine is your best bet; you can make it yourself from a 50% concentrate that you purchase in bulk. Adding some marking dye will help you see where you've sprayed and a surfactant will make it more effective.

Sometimes with the overt the counter seed mixes you'll get nettles. Try to find mixes without weed seed or buy straight seed from farm stores. It's a little more pricey but pound for pound you're actually getting what you want. This fall I need to find a place to get white clover to seed in the areas I'm looking to convert to plots.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So far so good. Planted Wednesday and missed the bulk of the rain Thursday night. Got a half inch or less, just east of me they got 3-4 which would have been a problem.
So far today we got a little more than a quarter inch. If you look at the red pin on the map, I'm a couple miles east. For the second time this week we got lucky.
Another line coming up from the southwest but so far so good. IMG_2121.PNGIMG_2122.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app