Ruff Rider Live Sodus Report June 9-11 2017

Yep skunked !  We left the dock at Hughes at 6 am and were washing spoons by 6;15.

We started in about 40 Ft and worked out to 225 ft right in front of Hughes. Lots of Bait in between

50 and 75 Ft and nothing out deeper to speak of with just a few hooks out around the 200 ft mark.

Came back in and ran an east west pattern at 50 to 60 ft and the screen reminded me of the old days

back in the late 1990's with big balls of bait. and a few nice hooks under the bait.

I suspect that the full moon played a part in the slow fishing, those fish must have been feeding up all night

and were not going to hit anything !  I even had a bag of frozen Sawbellies and ran some meat rigs that almost never fail. Good luck ! 

Keep a tight line

Dr W

Low Profile

See you in a few weeks when the kings show up

I would take a skunk over our house remodel and addition. I don't think I'll be on the water until July 4th week then again in August. Boat isn't going to see much use this year unfortunately. I'll have to fish vicariously thru your reports, skunked or not.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

So hard to decide what to do.  I did manage to bring up the 12lb laker from 143fow on a dipsy (mind you mag diver, #1 setting, White pearl glow SD and green A-TOM-MIK fly) and then a nice coho (6lbs)  on a slider hit with a wonderbread in about 135fow, but only down 45' on the rigger, so I image the free slider was about 25-30foot.  Saw LOTS of bait from a mile east of Hughes all the way to Pultneyville, in anywhere from 110-140 fow.  Most only down 20-40 foot.  Lot of stained water and some temp breaks between 40-55 foot down, depending on how far east or west, or north/south.  But getting fish to bite is insane, no matter how many color changes, speed and depth changes or direction changes.  There were a couple of other short hits, one battle with a 5 foot stick on a monkey puke spoon (in case you wanted to know the depths of my changing lures out) and hear of one good 200 copper rip over 300fow, but I didn't want to venture off the bait pods to check the deeper water.  YES its transition time, waiting for July to come around, but honestly, (outside of browns, and some lakers) fishing last year and here for SILVER fish has been much worse than the ~5 years prior.  Just seem to move right past to OZtown!

2 hours ago, Ruff Rider said:

Jason did you check the parking lot, maybe they are hiding in there!

I did, after the 3 bass, one carp and lots of sunfish, I figured the trout and salmon didn't get the message.