Henderson Harbor 8 June (evening)

IMG_6925.JPGIMG_6924.JPGIMG_6921.JPG

Went out on a evening troll...

launching the boat was not as difficult as I imagined with the high water.. I just wore a pair of flip flops to get thru the sinking part of the dock. Both front and rear wheels of the truck were in the water but not submerged.. launching the boat was actually very easy.. just be very careful walking across de the sunken part of the dock. It was very slippery especially with a flip flops.

Started out in sallow water 6-10 FOW near Stoney point light house.. We Actually saw fish so we thought it was going to produce for us. We trolled the sallow water for a while heading south with spoons on the down riggers and smithwick sticks on the planner boards. Never moved a rod.... trolled in 20 FOW for a while also with no results..

Headed out to in and out of 30-60 FOW and had stuff on the screen but could not get a rod to fire.. it's got to get better!! This was my second time out this season and we got nothing both times!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sorry to here of the slow bite but thanks for the report been wondering whats going on there there has been a real lack of reports lately .Last time i went to oswego there were 20 boats and the only report was mine .

I don't like reporting when I don't catch anything but seeing the lack of reports I feel I should.. I didn't expect to do great because it was an evening troll but I was hopeful with the light winds and calm lake that we would catch something..
I am usually an early morning fisherman but I managed to get out of work early so I gave it a try. I am going to try again on Sunday morning and I am going to try the shipping lanes. Maybe get some Lakers out there.. at this point I just want to put fish in the boat..

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks for the report Shawn, was wondering if the water level dropped at the Henderson launch.
Check the forecast, Sunday is not the day to hit the shipping lanes, big SW blow and small craft warning.

Thanks.. I just check the MarineWeather report and your right it don't look good..

SW winds should blow all the warm water our way right? Which will be good for Salmon fishing? Maybe it will push them in our area again?

Should be good, guessing the pocket off mountain to finger will have bait and kings, shipping lanes also