Point Breeze shakedown and Olcott today

Got the boat in Thursday solo at the Black North. Ramp and dock is good, beware of the usual metal hull gouging posts that are nearly submerged at the end of the docks. Set out 330 on the compass, stopped at 200 fow and played out three rods off the riggers and ran cheaters on spoons at the ball, also a flasher fly and a twinkie meat rig. It's 5pm afternoon and just went north to try stuff out and ended up in 300 to 410 fow where the screen was at least showing predators but no bait. 8pm now the sun is low and finally start getting action. All Kings and a swipe and miss all on the meat rig behind a pro troll paddle echip. Everything else just washed. Biggest king about 15-16 lbs was very strong and peeled about 400 or 500 feet of line. Fought hard and the sun was on the water now. 20170609_163826.jpg

20170608_205154.jpg

Today I had friends on board and went to Olcott to launch. Docks are very well done. The park is imaculate! Kudos to the Village Marina!..ran west an ended up a little west of Wilson, trolled NW and ended up about 5 to 6 miles NE of the red can in 300 to 350 fow where the screen was loaded with predators and surprisingly little bait as before. Ran six rods combo for Coho, kings with two meat rigs deep 90 and 100 down in 46 degrees roughly. The divers out on 2.5 200 and 250 with flasher flies. Center rigger spooned and cheated for Ho's at 50. The divers F/F spinney were the aces today with just one coho and a steelhead, everthing else washed. Evidently the full moon had the morning bite off for the most part. They were there, but non responsive picked up at 1pm. 20170610_100123.jpgIMG_15641.jpg

Money doesn't buy happiness,

but it does buy horsepower....

I've never seen a sad person in a boat haulin' A$$...!

Nice report, and nice job Craig and Matt.

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks!, we had a great time, and Craig is trying my famous recipe for grilled coho this evening! Matt was ready to eat the fish raw when he came to pickup the fillets...he was hungry!

Nice work... amazing what some pallets and plywood will do for the high levels..... nys should take a course from the town of newfane.... they don't wanna loose money... so they hooked their launch up....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Nice work... amazing what some pallets and plywood will do for the high levels..... nys should take a course from the town of newfane.... they don't wanna loose money... so they hooked their launch up....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

You're absolutely right! They were busy when I got there. Only maybe 4 or 5 spaces for trailers left. What was really impressive is the ingenuity on the docks that cost literally peanuts to accommodate their launch. Then even more impressive was after the day was long over for most the fishing crews, the bathroom was stunningly clean, and didn't even smell like a public john! What a nice experience for 8 bucks!...meanwhile the state drops the ball once again. I feel all the 85 dollar empire pass holders should class action the governor for the money back...probably he will enhance long island marine parks with it.

Thanks to all who maintain Newfane Marine Park! Score 10 out of 10!

Mark