Olcott

Definitely have to say what a fantastic job the people do at the Olcott launch, usable ramps! Cleanest public bathroom I've ever been in! Awesome fish cleaning and cooler cleaning stations! 

Now about the fishing, two fantastic days! I'm jealous of all the people that have this world class fishery in their backyard! Just wish I lived closer, I'd be out every day possible!

IMG_1512.JPG

IMG_1520.JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

IMG_1525.JPG

IMG_1528.JPG

IMG_1532.JPG

IMG_1544.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

IMG_1550.JPG

IMG_1564.JPG

IMG_1575.JPG

Agreed on the facilities.  For a town that doesn't have a gas station, they understand why people visit the area and put emphasis on the right things.  Still running your deep meat program?

Thanks for your reports, I have saved them to a folder for future reference. I agree, Olcott is on the ball. Why in the world the other marinas don't spend some money and buy some blue barrels for $15 each, and make some floating docks, I do not understand. Rip out the fixed docks, put in floaters, WALA, back in business. Looks like the week of 6/12 is going to be nice but the waves will be too high to fish.

Thanks guys! We fished this Friday and Saturday, 9th & 10th. I feel bad for the people that bought season launch passes for the state run launches and can't use them. Your right it wouldn't take much to get them usable!

We spent a couple hours looking for the fish, again they were down deep. Flasher/flies and meat rigs took all the fish. The steelhead were a PIA, kept trashing our gear with a lot of tangles. As long as we kept everything down deep we avoided the steelhead. We also try to find fish where no one else is around, but when you keep turning on them it seems to attract the other boats pretty quick. We found an area that had lots of bait, we just kept working it. We would of stayed longer but the wind really started to kick up. It wasn't real fast action but a steady pick of nice sized fish. 

Bob, you definitely have it going with the kings. I gotta get on with you someday and get a lesson! Right now, I am busy murdering baby walleyes to provide for a fish fry our church is putting on next Sunday. We ecpect 700 to 1000 people.

Your a good man Lane for doing that fish fry every year, it's a lot of work to feed that many people! Yeah I'll definitely have to get you out, we might be going back in a couple weeks.

Thanks

On 6/10/2017 at 11:20 PM, Decoy Hound said:

I remember when they did have a gas station, I guess that shows my age! Lol  

Yes, it's hard to teach an old dog, but if it works why change. 

Thank you!

so do i we would stay at the camp grounds by night fish by day . last i knew the camp grounds were open are they still 

Yes the campground and Motel are still open, I really feel bad for George the owner. Some people just need to be hung up by their toes and stoned! Very sad that was a great little complex!