Tuning OFF SHORE planer boards

Tuning OFF SHORE planer boards

Until I get a big board setup on my boat, I'm stuck with using my 6 OFF SHORE planer boards.  Mine are all stock except I changed out the front clip to an OR18.

To pull 5-7 color leadcore, should I be moving the weight more towards the leading edge of the board?  I have a feeling that if Im going to be running 3 boards per side that I need to get some more spread between them.  The instructions say that moving the weight forward will cause the board to dig more forward and outward.  But I don't want it to start nose diving either.

Any recommendations on how to "tune" these boards to run a deep diver, 5 color, and 7 color lead core?

that Bloodrun read was excellent.  I will definitely give those recommendations a shot.  These Off Shore boards don't really have a scale in regards to the weight.  So its going to be impossible for me to figure out how far forward to the move the weight.  I have a feeling I'm going to end up with a bunch of holes in the bottom of my board where the retention screw goes

Be careful with the mods. I would do them one at a time and test the board. I did a few of suggested mods and they didn't work out as advertised.

Which mods didn't work for you?  Im using Offshore OR12 and Church TX22s.  The only thing I have done so far was bend the front clips up at a 45 degree angle

That is one of the things that didn't work for me on my TX44's. I went back to the standard setup on them

• 2 weeks later...

Do you use vertical rod trees? They help keep things separated. When pulling core, things sometimes don't look pretty with your boards (compared to running flatline cranks, etc). Tattle flags might lay down, etc. As long as they still do their job and take the line away from the boat, they should be fine. Moving the weight forward will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United