Rigging a free slider

Grab a peice of line, pound test is up to you. I usually hold the end in one hand and then pull the spool across my chest so my arms are fully extended to the sides. Cut the line off and attach a swivel to each end. After setting your rigger, attach a lure to one swivel and then clip the other around your main fishing line. Then throw the lure over the side of the boat and it will slide down to the belly in the line.

I am new to sport and for some reason I have not been comftorable with trying a free slider. I am using 4 ft booms on cannons and I woould like to know when the best time and best way to rig slider. Once my riggers are down my main line seems to far from boat to rigg slider. Im sure Im missing something obvious.

i believe you are talking if your lines are already set... just let the line go a little bit and bring the pole in the boat and attach the slider. throw the spoon in and reset the main line. should be just a few cranks and she she be ready to rock and roll and your slider will be falling.

just clip the slider to the main line below your rod tip and toss it over it will slide down your line until it gets to the bow and ride there. use a good ballbearing swivel on the spoon end and a duo lock clip on the line end.

I've tried anywhere from 2 to 8 feet 4 works for me takes fish with less mess.

Just what I do.

MIke

i use a larger swivel on the end that clips too the line so when you hook up and it slides down it gets over the lower lurers swival with out a problem also make sure the hooks are razor sharp , there is not a lot of tension on the free slider for hook ups , and lots of times youll have a fish just jumping behind the boat so reel reel reel . good luck