Sandy Creek 6/11/17 - Escape shakedown

Due to the high water, our season started yesterday. We started the morning off in 75' of water. The screen was amazing but rods were not moving. We poked out to 120' and rods starting moving. The three color leadcore took a couple steelhead and Gambler Rigs Micros behind a trash can dodger took three good lakers trolled 110 down. The bite slowed around 9:30 and we slid out after getting some Intel. 225-300 right in front of the creek produced a beautiful 9lb coho, a king and a big steelhead. Lots of big hooks 30-100 down. Too bad we found them so late in the morning. NBK was the hot spoon on a 20' rigger, 50' rigger, three color and a ten color. Trolling in to end the day, we ended up taking one more big laker. All in all a great shakedown run.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

22 minutes ago, nils said:

Hey guys....are the docks at Sandy Creek (Hamlin) raised?  Can we launch there now?  I passed by on Friday and it was still closed off.

Sandy Creek Marina is closed until a new owner takes over.  The docks were raised at East Forks which does not have a public launch to my knowledge.

Edited by pvelyk
Fat fingered typing