Remote Throttle suggestions

Frogger

i think the itroll would be a top notch unit to have but didn't like you had to pay more cash to get the code to unlock the different programming it comes with witch put it over 500 bucks to get ( to much for me ) . the controllking hardware kit it comes with was incomplete to make my tohatsu open full throttle . i ended up buying a master pro kit to make thing run right .  if had to do it again i go with master pro and get all parts to do the job the first time . 

i think the itroll would be a top notch unit to have but didn't like you had to pay more cash to get the code to unlock the different programming it comes with witch put it over 500 bucks to get ( to much for me ) . the controllking hardware kit it comes with was incomplete to make my tohatsu open full throttle . i ended up buying a master pro kit to make thing run right .  if had to do it again i go with master pro and get all parts to do the job the first time . 

Fisher dude
Did you talk to Mark or Shane at Controllking regarding that issue? I'm sure they have a resolution for that. Just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

57 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Fisher dude
Did you talk to Mark or Shane at Controllking regarding that issue? I'm sure they have a resolution for that. Just wondering.

yes i did talk to mark he sent a me kit out right away . it called for cutting the factory throttle rod and i didn't want to that . that is why i ordered the master pro kit witch came with the bigger throttle rod . the 2 pic is the kit with factory rod the pic 3  is the factory rod the square end is short and the servo .couldn't open the throttle wide open  and the rod the pro master comes with the square end is longer  . pic 1 is the rod from pro master..DSCN0102.thumb.JPG.215907d30c7f683236afb2d8b000159d.JPGDSCN0096.thumb.JPG.fba57008180cb351038c4bf8028c3fae.JPGimageproxy.php?img=&key=7e961de8267f286aDSCN0101.thumb.JPG.1f4a396b5c748ae01cacae4f259ccaa9.JPG

Edited by fisherdude

yes i did talk to mark he sent a me kit out right away . it called for cutting the factory throttle rod and i didn't want to that . that is why i ordered the master pro kit witch came with the bigger throttle rod . the 2 pic is the kit with factory rod the pic 3  is the factory rod the square end is short and the servo .couldn't open the throttle wide open  and the rod the pro master comes with the square end is longer  . pic 1 is the rod from pro master..DSCN0102.thumb.JPG.215907d30c7f683236afb2d8b000159d.JPGDSCN0096.thumb.JPG.fba57008180cb351038c4bf8028c3fae.JPG>That

yes i did talk to mark he sent a me kit out right away . it called for cutting the factory throttle rod and i didn't want to that . that is why i ordered the master pro kit witch came with the bigger throttle rod . the 2 pic is the kit with factory rod the pic 3  is the factory rod the square end is short and the servo .couldn't open the throttle wide open  and the rod the pro master comes with the square end is longer  . pic 1 is the rod from pro master..DSCN0102.thumb.JPG.215907d30c7f683236afb2d8b000159d.JPGDSCN0096.thumb.JPG.fba57008180cb351038c4bf8028c3fae.JPG>That

8 minutes ago, Nemesis said:
45 minutes ago, fisherdude said:

hmmmm yeah that longer square end on the throttle rod made all the difference from half to full throttle . it is like paying full price to get half the job done ..  

8 hours ago, fisherdude said:

The standard Itroll without the add ons will do everything most people would need and is infinitely adjustable.  Anyone looking for a throttle control should give them a serious look. 

16 hours ago, pjprod said:

Itroll hands down!! Worth the little extra money compared to other brands and the servo can be purchased and very easily replaced if that should ever fail. Going on 2 years with 0 issues. Checkout itroll.com. 

x2 :yes:

Well, went with Control King. Brad thanks for the help and everyone else that responded. Pricing is double for Itroll which may be a great unit but I don't need steering and to be honest seems somewhat confusing to run the hunt mode for people that could be sitting at the wheel. C King seems simple and that's me I guess. Looking forward to getting it hooked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on the direction I went. Purchased the Control King as I just want the basic throttle control. Had to modify wiring harness so to extend battery wires from where it would be placed inside the splashwell. No big deal. Installed per instructions. Went out next day. Smiled and said damn, that's cool. No more running to the back to adjust tiller. Pretty cool deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The carb on my 9.9 evinrude 1983 is buried under air box, so I doubt anything will work. I tried to make one myself, but could not get it to work.