Canandaigua Derby Weekend

Canandaigua Derby Weekend

Apparently this was the quiet derby (at least on this forum).

We fished both days, took Rainbows and Lakers and one perch on Saturday off leadcores, downriggers and Seth Green rigs, ran a dipsy and various flashers with no action. Biggest for us was a 5.5# rainbow off leadcore. We quit at 4 but should have been done by 2. Morning was very steady with fish picked up on both sides of the lake. We came back this morning and went right to rigs and leadcore eventually adding a big dipsy. We caught some small bows and had a couple good fighters. The dipsy out 250 took a tap and 5 minutes later a smash and we had one of those unusual fantastic fights from a laker, pulled drag and wouldn't come up, finally netted him and our scales said 8.1 - 8.4 depending on the waves. We boxed him and talked about weighing it in. A few minutes later my buddy says to check the one leadcore - its bent more than the other side. When I brought it in far enough to unhook the church board it immediately took off with a strong steady pull, ended up being a 6.5# brown that apparently rolled when it got slack from my removing the board and got the second treble buried below and behind its gill plate, fought like a much larger fish. We then took the laker in to find out it weighed 8# exactly, needed to be heavier than 8.15#. We went back out and picked up a few more small lakers & bows.

One of my friends had a really bad day of it on Saturday. Apparently this image taken of the floor of his boat happened twice!:lol:

pile of line.jpg

:lol::lol: Wonder who that was? and that was the best part of things that happened that day....day from H and thanks for the reminder Bob:) hey good pic of my pee can that custom fits too....

Edited by Sk8man

6 hours ago, Sk8man said:

:lol::lol: Wonder who that was? and that was the best part of things that happened that day....day from H and thanks for the reminder Bob hey good pic of my pee can that custom fits too....

Haha! #customfitpeecan

• 2 weeks later...