Prime Salmon Fishing Dates?

Hello,

I need to reschedule a brown trout charter that was canceled in May because of the weather.  For various reasons, I couldn't/can't reschedule until July or August, at the earliest.

If you were looking to book a salmon fishing charter out of Mexico, what time of year do you think would typically provide the best fishing?

Thank you.

Edited by Skook

6 minutes ago, Skook said:

Hello,

I need to reschedule a brown trout charter that was canceled in May because of the weather.  For various reasons, I couldn't/can't reschedule until July or August, at the earliest.

If you were looking to book a salmon fishing charter out of Mexico, what time of year do you think would typically provide the best fishing?

Thank you.

mid to late august

2 hours ago, CTA said:

July to mid August is a great time to get back out there for browns. After mid August you can still do good on browns but they get way more picky

Thanks, all, for the advice.  I've never been on the lake before, but I was under the impression April - June were prime brown trout months.  I have been following the websites/Facebook pages of several charter captains, and it seems like the trout fishing was very hot for several weeks but has tapered off significantly since then.

I'm not doubting your knowledge - just a bit surprised.  Maybe we can get after the browns in July instead of waiting for salmon.  We were taking a few teenagers on the trip, and so we were somewhat more worried about quantity over quality of the fishing.

Edited by Skook