Lake Ontario Parkway ? how bad is it?

Lake Ontario Parkway ? how bad is it?

Been thinking about a road trip out to Point breeze and trying a little fishing out that way , BUT I have been told that

the Lake Ontario Parkway is real nasty.   Anyone been driving the PKWY and is it as bad as all that?

I can always go west on the T-Way and north on 98 ? 

Dr W

I live out that way and traveled the bad stretch this weekend to fish out of the Oak. There is about a 10 mile section, from Hamlin beach state park to a few miles from Pt. Breeze that is really bad and I would not want to tow a boat on. The only way to make it a little more tolerable is to drive completely on the shoulder, but I wouldn't want to do that towing a boat either. The other option is Rt. 18.

Between that  and the condition some of the state park roads and marinas our state is in large part an embarrassment and that is our tax dollars at (not) work

Edited by Sk8man

1 minute ago, stoneyxc said:

We run it from 390 to state park, that is where it gets bad. Get off there and take 18 from there. It's a good trip

You can get off the Parkway at Rt19 and cut down Moscow and go the back roads to Bald Eagle or Oak Orchard. 

I always go from Rochester on the 490 to 531 and from the end of 531 due north to the 104 west ,right on route 98 until I hit route 18. this is fastest and shortest. The roads are good.But if you come from south or east of Rochester ,the T-Way and route 98 are just as good. The lake Ontario park way is a moonscape. Maybe it should be torn out and rebuilt as a bike path or walk way

Edited by rolmops

I'm glad that they stopped wasting taxpayers money on a road that has no economic value and stops in the middle of nowhere

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

with the high water conditions and seeing the headline,i thought maybe we would get some reports of guys trolling the parkway,nope,just another non-fishing report in the fishing report section.