Fish hawk Display Problems

Fish hawk Display Problems

I have Fishhawk x4, It has worked fine this year on multiple trips, and then all of the sudden one day the display would not turn on. I am going to test the wiring for current. I have also heard of people ground wire coming loose. 

Has anyone else's fish hawk display stopped working out of nowhere? and by stopped working I mean it doesn't turn on our show any numbers at all.

Yeah check the main ground/power wires.  Most of the time I've had problems with electronics it ended up being corrosion on the terminal connection to the fuse panel or the fuse itself.  Corrosion can also cause a slight loss in voltage so you have to check for actual voltage to the pins on the back of the cord and not just continuity.  

Do you leave your fishhawk on the boat or to you unplug and replug it every time?

19 minutes ago, badfish said:

Most of the time I unplug ad replug it to throw it down in my cuddy between trips

23 minutes ago, vetting said:

Yeah check the main ground/power wires.  Most of the time I've had problems with electronics it ended up being corrosion on the terminal connection to the fuse panel or the fuse itself.  Corrosion can also cause a slight loss in voltage so you have to check for actual voltage to the pins on the back of the cord and not just continuity.  

Do you leave your fishhawk on the boat or to you unplug and replug it every time?

Most of the time I unplug ad replug it to throw it down in my cuddy between trips

Fish Hawks customer service is top notch. If the problem isn't with wiring, give them a call. They were awesome when I needed replacement parts for my probe!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

21 hours ago, GAMBLER said:

Fish Hawks customer service is top notch. If the problem isn't with wiring, give them a call. They were awesome when I needed replacement parts for my probe!

Agreed,Trevor and Karen are fantastic.  I've been having some issues with my X4D and they've been very helpful with troubleshooting and sending replacement parts.  

I tried out a friends display and it worked fine. It's definitely the display. I took very good care of it but its no longer under warranty but I'm not going to pay $200, if i can help it. Has anyone been able to get something like this replaced for free without it being under warranty?

@PD Buoy @GAMBLER @alex1young

I have carefully placed my probe at the bottom of Ontario along with the rigger weight. I called 1-800-dumbass but no one got back to me ☹️