Gambler rigs

Shout out to gambler for his quality product and super fast shipping. Received mine today cannot wait to try them will let you all know how I make out. Now that I have handled and seen his products I understand why so many here recommended him. 2 regular and a micro rig with cowbells....now to just figure out how to rig them. Lol will take tips from you who have run them [emoji6]20170613_175211.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Brian is the man his product is top notch and services  is even better ..run the cow bells and spin & glow 1 to 2 foot of the bottom . i have been running them off a mag dipsy diver also . they don't take  as many hits as on the bottom . i also like to add sent to the spin & glows . good luck post some pic of the fish you catch 

Edited by fisherdude

Thanks Aaron.  That Gambler Rig Micro is not on the market yet.  Please give me feedback on how well it works.  I designed them for the inland lakes but I found out this weekend that Lake Ontario Lakers love them.  We ran it behind a trash can dodger for 20 minutes and pulled three good lakers.  Good luck with them! 

Gambler rigs are awesome. I try to color coordinate the spin n glow with the same color as the hammerhead troll. Example: The Green Laker Taker Hammerhead I run the green spinner. My favorite color in lake Champlain is Blue/Silver Hammerhead with the silver spin n glow. I run the spin n glow 24" behind the Hammerhead troll and I run the Hammerhead 20 feet behind the ball and I troll 3-5 feet off the bottom depending on rougher or calmer waters to keep them clean. Can't catch a fish on a dirty Hook..... Great product!!!

Just a little additional tip: make sure the drag on your rigger isn't set too tight when you're doing this (just in case):)

Just now, Sk8man said:

Just a little additional tip: make sure the drag on your rigger isn't set too tight when you're doing this (just in case):)

:yes:

Fishing the finger lakes pays to do that adjustment ALL the time....

If you're not sure just drop one till it hits bottom and bring it back up......and repeat......

Thanks guys will try...not gonna lie I was practicing washing lures at Cuba lake last week snagged bottom with riggers a few time wasn't to bad but scary the first time males you think fish on lol...buddy grabbed a rod set and was trying to reel in the ball I was dying laughing

I'm a little more daring haha my Scotty hand cranks don't really have a drag system at least nothing I've figured out yet I just pick flats that I have learned over time from when I used to run Seth green rigs that seem to be softer bottoms and go for it if I had a drag system I would definitely use it though. Biggest thing with bottom dragging these is watch your rod tip you'll notice it bounce up and down as it drags bottom. If it starts shaking in A weird pattern it won't hurt to check the rod. We get alot of smalls doing this so you wanna make sure your not wasting your time dragging around small fish

At one of the Seneca lake derbies years ago a guy was trolling outside Sampson and caught his weight on bottom and apparently he had his drag set tight....it ripped the downrigger right out of the fiberglass gunwale and went to the bottom with a good chunk of the guys gunwale along with it:lol:.

At one of the Seneca lake derbies years ago a guy was trolling outside Sampson and caught his weight on bottom and apparently he had his drag set tight....it ripped the downrigger right out of the fiberglass gunwale and went to the bottom with a good chunk of the guys gunwale along with it[emoji38].

Not good scares me quite a bit when 8 was walleye fishing Cuba it goes from 25 to 18 right now was hard to keep up after them

DSCN0110.thumb.JPG.c0019f2e8e4da2e4cf0c83e19df47bd1.JPGthat is why i like seth green rods for lakers . the 3 $ weight brakes off not the rigger from my boat . i rock the boat side to side and watch the rod tip and see the weight  bounce bottom and make  reel adjustments when needed .  you can make a 3 way swivel rig with 1 1/2 lb weight and the bells and what ever u want run behind them and work the bottom . make sure the leader to the weight is less lb rated than the main line so the weight brakes away first .

Edited by fisherdude
add pic

That s the main way I"ve done it for years too Brian....a lot more control of things and less expense when it goes wrong. Although I did lose two complete sets of hammerheads, Spin N Glows and 40 oz sinkers this time during the derby on Seneca....part of the cost of doing laker business :lol: Sometimes things below can cut your line above the cowbells despite having the lower pound test on the dropper:)  The Belhurst hole has to be a goldmine or lost stuff....

Edited by Sk8man

I hundreds of hours dragging the bottom of Lake Ontario, I have only hung up bad once.  It was on the crib to the Vanlare treatment plant off of Durand Beach.  I have brought up some interesting things over the years.  Last season I scraped up a diver, flasher and a fly.  Some guys used to add a short section of chain to their rigger ball with thick solder.  They used to let the chain drag bottom and not the ball.  If the chain hung, the solder broke and the chain was the only thing lost.  I always wondered about running a 1lb weight off of my rigger ball on heavy mono and let that drag bottom. 

It isn't quite as risky on Lake O as on the Fingers....where you can be in 120 ft one minute and then ten yards futher in 20 ft. The gradual bottom of much of Ontario lends itself to the downrigger method better in my opinion.