A hook thru the hand is better than......

......sitting at home. Yeah, I was hooked to her trying to untangle the bait from the net as she thrashed putting a 4/0 thru my finger fishing alone, she was an onry girl to say the least- in and outta the water.

So here I am pinned with one hand stuck to the bait which was stuck in the net still hooked on the fish keeping me from being able to move in the back corner of the boat.

I was lucky and had my bolt cutters right there with my pliers or i woulda been f#cked. 49" on the bump board without pinching the tail, coulda made her 50" if I wanted but pinching tails is for noobies.

Lesson to be told is, have Ur damn cutters ready even if u don't think you'll need em.

104244.thumb.jpeg.139e6b2247c0245e2ab936013d351af7.jpeg104241.thumb.jpeg.0e0b3c6eeb46d1a3bc52ad274b80dee7.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ouch!  Had that happen to me once fishing Conesus with Mike G.  5/0 front hook through hand; 5/0 back hook still attached to 34" pike.  Hook cutters saved me!

Nice fish as well!  :yes:

Nice fish. Have had the same thing happen to me, trying to take a fish out of net for a kid who had never caught a salmon before! I was like, take the darn picture, and his dad was forget it, just throw the fish back in so we can take care of your hand. I was like, it's his first fish! Take the darn picture. LOL.  Hospital visit to take it out, the barb was lodged on a tendon and we couldn't push or pull it out without slicing my hand open. Off to Jamaica the next day on a holiday. Helped heal the hand.

Awe man, I think the hand is better than what u just showed me- as a kid I did that same thing to my father casting a bass crank from a canoe in illinois. Hooks suck but atleast we know how the fish feel and can empathize for em.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice fish. Glad I didn't have a camera back in the day, I don't know how many times I hooked my dad when I was a kid. Mostly in the hand/arm, never in the head. He would just tell me to "stop pulling" with his teeth gritted.

• 4 weeks later...

Holy crap that's a monster!!, I still don't think that even a fish that huge takes the H out of hurt!!, congrats mans  if the queen had balls she'd be the king, I'm going for some Advil just reading this thread hurts. :lol: