Seneca bait

Piddled around Seneca in Dresden bay over last weekend. Started in 90 fow and worked in and out to 120 fow marking very little on screen. I moved in closer and found bait down 40' in the 50-70 fow range...no fish or releases but honestly I didn't put forth much effort...midday sun and very little time on water...hope to get out again soon between chores...any thoughts appreciated. Is the Bay Area not steep enough bottom? Thought I'd try the mouth of the outlet but maybe I need to be north. Last year I fished much further south with easy success most days..thx

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

are you coming from Buffalo way ? if i was making a two hour drive to fish the finger lake it would not be Seneca lake . fishing there has  been slow .i would contact Lakebound88 here on LOU. he is a charter Cap. on the lake and knows how and where to get the job done . i would go a little more east and fish Cayuga lake . read the fishing reports from there . it will give you a ideal where to start . good luck fishing the finger lakes . 

Edited by fisherdude

Fishing has been good near dresden. I have been working 50 to 200 fow fishing the top 50 foot producing many silver fish. Occasional laker mixed in. Troll fast and use brighter spoon, even on the overcast days. The t cline on the west side was around 30 while the east side was 50 as of sunday with that west sw wind

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

Forgot to mention, dresden, from the outlet north is most productive.

Thx for all feedback I will report during or after weekend...our place is on Seneca near outlet so yes Cayuga is better but would require 3 more of not fishing work per fishing trip...so Seneca it is for me. It'll work, just needed that current thermo info...I'm hopeful for just 4-5 hours of fishing this weekend and would be happy to just get back in the ballpark with my gear. And yes live outside buffalo but share a place on Seneca..

are you coming from Buffalo way ? if i was making a two hour drive to fish the finger lake it would not be Seneca lake . fishing there has  been slow .i would contact Lakebound88 here on LOU. he is a charter Cap. on the lake and knows how and where to get the job done . i would go a little more east and fish Cayuga lake . read the fishing reports from there . it will give you a ideal where to start . good luck fishing the finger lakes . 

Thx for reply, see below as I answered some of your comments below

Thx for all feedback I will report during or after weekend...our place is on Seneca near outlet so yes Cayuga is better but would require 3 more of not fishing work per fishing trip...so Seneca it is for me. It'll work, just needed that current thermo info...I'm hopeful for just 4-5 hours of fishing this weekend and would be happy to just get back in the ballpark with my gear. And yes live outside buffalo but share a place on Seneca..

Efish, I will be out solo tomorrow, plan on heading to your area of fishing. Give me a call and I'll let ya know what I have going. No trips this weekend, so just me til Monday!