Will we see many three year old kings this year?

Will we see many three year old kings this year?

I have to admit I am a little worried that the 2014 year class of kings may be MIA. I will be interested to see the results of the tightlines event in Canada as conditions look favorable for the weekend. The LOC board this spring was pathetic. With the 2014 Alewife hatch almost nonexistent and the lack of emerald shiners, it would seem to indicate that the 2014 class of salmon would have to live on bugs until big enough to chase yr 1 alewives. Muddling the picture is the 2 year olds enjoyed two strong year classes of alewife hatches and are big. Are we looking at big two year olds or small three year olds?  Anyone taking fish over 22 lbs this year?

2014 the lack of emeralds was not the case around Sandy.  There were tons in the creek like usual.  Was there a lack of emeralds or the cold water coming down the Niagara keep them out of the area (lake warmed quicker outside the plume)?

3 hours ago, Frogger said:

Gill was not this past spring LOC board the biggest since maybe 2013? I looked at the past few years and this year seems to be the biggest during spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

There was very few entries. Water levels probably played some role. 

There was very few entries. Water levels probably played some role. 

Yup especially since half the marinas were under water and launch ramps were unuseable. I suspect the low numbers were more due to lack of access than lack of fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app