Opportunity

Gill-T

Opportunity

Gizzard Shad have come into the Catt.  Walleyes have followed them in.  There is a night bite right now.......don't know how long it will last.  

Hit the inshore water off Sunset Bay.  The Catt water temp spiked to 82 degrees driving a lot of the Gizzard Shad out into the lake.  Off the beach water temp was 72 degrees.  After catching a couple of quick sheephead jigging,  decided to try to locate the smallmouth by trolling.  14'-16'FOW with two long lines and stickbaits and one downrigger down 5-8' with a 60' setback. What a blast.  My brother and I caught 6 different species.... lots of Sheephead, a Rock Bass, two huge Yellow Perch, a Walleye, tons of Smallmouth and nice 15" Silver Bass.  Nice seeing a rigger go off 30 times in a day.  A couple of times the silvers balled up bait at the surface and we stopped the boat to cast for these hard fighting fish.  Father's Day this morning started with a morning fish fry. 

Pretty similar experience at the mouth of Oak Orchard creek this weekend. Lots of baitfish around the mouth of the creek. I assume they are alewives. The bass and perch fishing was unreal for the first few hours of the morning. Once the sun got up high everything shut down though.

The fish were gorging on bait fish. Every fish was spitting up bait while they were fighting.

Seemed like it was starting to slack off today.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United