cayuga 6/17

DSCN0122.thumb.JPG.ee9eb844d142f682ab8700f8ca1f88c5.JPGDSCN0120.thumb.JPG.9a1d406d1688b519cc6d4fcb58ef7b70.JPGDSCN0121.thumb.JPG.3b8458bb681d6d2800761a530f7b3b51.JPGcayuga 6/17

went out of deans cove launch at 530 fished to 11 30 . we did 25 lake trout and lost another 5  . we fished structure mounds of the east side north of long point for the second week in a row now . seems to be  holding lake trout there , 140 to 130 fow  and when trolling over or around these mounds the water goes to 130 to 100 then back down to deeper water . we have been doing a number on them here . as usual seth green rods with mi stinger spoon and hybrid lures did well. the dipsy where out to 250 with iron duke flies, uv wild child and quality time flies,   they took the bigger fish today. are biggest today was 9 . 1 or so . i trolled north and south and gps speed was 1.5 to 2.2 . good luck out there sunday . and have a good fathers day .  DSCN0117.thumb.JPG.52216dfa48f5e0d49bca76a3b78a0548.JPGDSCN0118.thumb.JPG.56ab95ac1a4ed8ffa3c41cd94346c2f7.JPGDSCN0118.thumb.JPG.56ab95ac1a4ed8ffa3c41cd94346c2f7.JPG

Edited by fisherdude

We fished out of deans cove and met Fisherdude who was willing to share info. My little boat (wife) did not like the waves got and called it around 3. Managed 1 laker on same pink dot doing and glow that produced on Canandaigua yesterday. Slow day for fished same depths and thinks same location(Not sure). Thanks for info this am still beats sitting home

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Brian, my daughter and I went out of Dean's as well, we arrived around 8AM to a full parking lot, we went a few miles south and set up in middle of the lake, we made over to the east side around the college and caught fish everywhere. We ran 2 downriggers mostly at 85 and 105, both w/ cheaters, 2 wire dipsy / spin doctor / fly combos out 250 - 300 and two 10 color leadcores at varying lengths. We ran between 2.4 and 2.7 gps. Leadcores accounted for 3 hits and only one rainbow. The downriggers kept us busy and we got half a dozen on the dipsys including one that initially fought like a king for 15 seconds, then a throbbing beast that I couldn't stop from running out 120'  and then it felt like a tree that we couldn't gain on. We picked up and circled back on it still feeling like a tree and eventually netted a 12 - 13 lb lakes with the treble stuck in the middle of its belly!!!!

You must be sore from running those rigs up and down that many times but it sure was fun out there.

3 hours ago, stoneam2006 said:

We fished out of deans cove and met Fisherdude who was willing to share info. My little boat (wife) did not like the waves got and called it around 3. Managed 1 laker on same pink dot doing and glow that produced on Canandaigua yesterday. Slow day for fished same depths and thinks same location(Not sure). Thanks for info this am still beats sitting home

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

here is a pic where we were this is from last year same place  you can see the outside of 0731160809a_0001.jpg.67a3327672fcd8619549fd911b695a58.jpg                             mounds is deeper water than when we cross over them is comes up to a 100 feet the back down with seth green rods i can work the bottom with ease 

i marked a lot of fish and bait around 50 to 60 down . i ran one of my rig rod high but could get any thing to go . so i ended up working the bottom up with rig rods . as the thermocline moves deeper i will pick LL and bows on the top leaders and lakers on the bottom leaders . what i should have done is put my cores out on boards . my buddy likes lakers for some reason. lol ,  i just keep looking for that hog of a laker . i wasn't keeping any fish to eat so did'.t care .. 

25 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

How are you guys running your Seth green rigs out there? How heavy is your weight and your spacing on the lures? Do u have them 15-20ft apart and run 5 lures with like 10ft leaders and drop it to the bottom?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

rod 1 is 12 ft between beads rod 2 is 15 ft between beads . 2 ft from weight to first bead . depending on conditions and speed  depends on what lb weight i will use . most of the time 2 lb weights will do . you can run 5 leaders and up to 15 points . if i am fishing lake trout the bottom seems the best . that will work the water column bottom 65 ft to 75 ft  up.  the leaders are 12 ft long  . i use a leader box to keep my leaders in  (see above pic open and  id pic is the leader box closed) if i am going to run cowbells and spin&glows i use a 3 way swivel rig and put weight and bells to that instead of the beads then skip the first bead and then 4 leaders of spoons . when marking fish threw the water column i count down the ft to the  top leader . like i want the top leader at ft 30 down that be around 6 pass of the level wind on the reel . i think that answers your questions if you think of any more let me know .