Just wondering if anyone was fishing at the bar today any caught anything ? I'm still learning but I struggled today again. I started at the red can and started trolling east. I was in 120 - 325 fow. I think I only marked 2 fish. Didn't really see anyone going for a net. I was running 6 lines. 2 riggers at 80 and 70 with a flasher/crinkle green fly and a spoon on the other. 2 dipsy set at 2.5 about 200 feet back. One with a fly and spoon. 2 copper lines set about 30 feet down. Does anyone see a problem with what I was doing today ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What were you running on your copper lines? What was your down speed and temp? 

I know one of them was a michigan stinger. I added a pic of them. I was also using a purple clown and a mixed veggie. I have a lot of spoons that I'm not sure what they are. Last year Danny Colville set me up a bunch of stuff. I was going 2.5 - 3.2 on the fishfinder. I don't have a fishhawk let. Hopefully soon. I have been just using the info that I have seen on here til I can afford it. 20170617_184115.jpg

How did you come up with your copper at 30 feet down? Were you running them off boards?How many feet are your copper setups? We run meat rigs on our copper but you can use flasher/flies. A fishhawk to me is more important than a fish finder, definitely money well spent. Also you may want to consider going on a charter to shorten your learning curve. Or you can see if anyone is willing to take you out for the day and show you a few things. I'd offer but I'm out of state and when I do make it up I already have a crew with me.

How did you come up with your copper at 30 feet down? Were you running them off boards?How many feet are your copper setups? We run meat rigs on our copper but you can use flasher/flies. A fishhawk to me is more important than a fish finder, definitely money well spent. Also you may want to consider going on a charter to shorten your learning curve. Or you can see if anyone is willing to take you out for the day and show you a few things. I'd offer but I'm out of state and when I do make it up I already have a crew with me.

The copper is something that I ran for walleye on lake erie. It is the bloodrun walleye copper. It is the same setup that Don Rupert from okuma runs. I don't know how many feet it was but I have shrink tubing along the copper. According to the dive chart from bloodrun it is my second tubing. They are running off boards. The setup that I have is a okuma classic pro glt, connector 45 reel with 300 feet of walleye copper and 300 yards of braid behind it. The fishhawk will be my next purchase. I have a guy that I use for Charters. I have used sparky Charters a few times but it has been up on the lower river for trout. He is pretty awesome. But if someone on here is willing to take me out and teach me some things that would me awesome

Keeping your eye on posts for the neighborhood will give ya an idea of where the fish are or were.  Its a big lake. fish are always moving. there one day and with the increased current flow and winds 5-7miles away the next. I chk out the lake surface current maps, noaa surface temp map and modis lake images to help give me a picture prior to going out to possibly give me a start point and then search and hopefully destroy.

If u have a positive picture, work on bait colors. keep your eye open for color/ temp breaks that have a good scum line or debris. zig zag across them to see if its holding fish and diff in surface temp. hope this helps.

Keeping your eye on posts for the neighborhood will give ya an idea of where the fish are or were.  Its a big lake. fish are always moving. there one day and with the increased current flow and winds 5-7miles away the next. I chk out the lake surface current maps, noaa surface temp map and modis lake images to help give me a picture prior to going out to possibly give me a start point and then search and hopefully destroy.
If u have a positive picture, work on bait colors. keep your eye open for color/ temp breaks that have a good scum line or debris. zig zag across them to see if its holding fish and diff in surface temp. hope this helps.

OK thanks for the info.

Without a fh...i wouldn't attempt to fish the bar try your luck Wilson or olcott and run north and south trolls current won't have as big as effect ..try to keep your speed over ground 2.5 -2.7 if this isn't working pick it up a little I wouldn't go over 3.1 tho ..if u have any other questions u can shoot me a message I'll try to help if I can

Sent from my SM-G928V using Lake Ontario United mobile app