Seneca 6-17

Fished friday evening for about an hour, testing out the new gambler rigs, micro rigs. These caught a few fish in just under an hour.

Area fished: east side

Surface temp:65

Down temp: 55 at 55foot.

Speeds:2-2.7

Depth:100 to 120

Lure depth: 100 to bottom at all times. Dragging the ball best bite increase.

Fished solo today, since I did so well the past few trips fishing silvers, I decided to see if lakers were starting to become more active since the derby. First light I fished high for silvers, no go, got a couple high out

Of temp lakers, then slid over to the east side where I left off the night before. I didn't even get my 3rd rod in, and I was hooked up. For those who follow me on facebook, I'm sure you saw a few videos, with live feed. I fished 100 to 120 fow. Fishing the bottom 20 foot. Using the new micro rigs, I paired them up with the grease trap. The gamblers usually fished by many behind cowbells, dodgers and flashers, have been out fished with the trap for my experience. For 2 hours, I had the gambler, micro rig, ultra silver white glow, consistently firing, putting quality fish over the back of the boat. Caught many, that would have been derby fish a few weeks ago. :(

For my experience with the gamblers, whether it be the regulars or the micro or even the magnums, I am tying them with the leader that's included, just about to the end of the line, the long leads have been working great, trolling these at about 2 to 2.7 ball speed (hawk). My best producers have been any if the chrome from sun up to sun down, first light and evening bites have been more so on the glow bodies. I have ran them successfully on riggers, dipsy and even copper. I imagine the attractor from big weenie, (grease trap) will be equivalent to the ones stinger makes. Unsure, as I've only ever had th grease trap. A bit pricey, but as I said, it's been out fishing the hammerhead cowbells and dodgers for me.

If you don't have any gamblers, and are looking to increase the laker bites, try these out, they are not your normal spin n glows! I believe the tinsel and the double bodied setup makes the difference..

Nick

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

I meant to take photos of my rigs today. I believe he has them or will have them shortly. I will check. I will post photos of the Tomorrow.

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

The delivery comes Friday.  I will have them available early next week!  The colors I am carrying in micros are on the site but show out of stock.   Thanks for the plug Nick!