Olcott, Newfane Marina Rocks!!

Olcott, Newfane Marina Rocks!!

I just cannot say enough good things about the Newfane Marina in Olcott.  I have never been to a Marina that is handled so well.  I arrived on Friday evening, and knowing I would probably be leaving in the mornings, before there was anyone in the office, I decided to pay for Friday-Sunday boat launching all at once.  There was a nice price drop to $18 for 3 days @ a pop!  The second thing I loved is how they cater to the fishermen, with placing pallets with plywood over the sunken sections of dock,  so the fishermen can get to the floating dock without getting wet.  Then there is the Ice, gas, and coffee right there at the ramp in the morning.  How convenient is that??  Then, as if all of that were not good enough, when I came back in Friday night, well after pitch black, I motor into a boat ramp that is lit up like a high school football field on a Friday night.  Amazing, I could actually see what I was doing while I loaded my boat, for a change.  Just when I thought I could not love a marina more, I finally used the restroom there on Sunday afternoon, right before leaving, and noticed that not only is the place kept clean, it is also air conditioned!!  Finally, there is a fish cleaning station right there.  What more does a guy need????  My new very favorite boat ramp/marina on Lake Ontario, make that on all of the Great Lakes, by far and away!!!!! :):)  I wish every marina would take notes from these people!!

• Like 2

It is the best marina I've ever used! It even has a shower in the restrooms for people that spend the weekend on their boat. And that raised concrete pad next to the fish cleaning station is for cleaning your coolers! Yes the greatest marina, couldn't agree more!

it is the best i seen on the lake . just have watch out for the drug people steeling your boat stuff was post on here a member left his boat there and came back to no kicker and gear . i know that goes for every where but been a lot of kickers been stolen in the area . and that is not the marina fault either .  

10 minutes ago, fisherdude said:

it is the best i seen on the lake . just have watch out for the drug people steeling your boat stuff was post on here a member left his boat there and came back to no kicker and gear . i know that goes for every where but been a lot of kickers been stolen in the area . and that is not the marina fault either .  

That did not happen at the marina.  It happened at a local business.  Yes it is the best public marina on the Lake Period...  Every municipality should model there marina after this one.  Scott and crew are top notch.

I was there this past Saturday with a 19' Sylvan, drooling while looking at all the big water boats. Felt like I was on a jet ski. Awesome launch though. Parking was quick and easy, ramp drops off fairly quick so you don't have the whole truck in the water, and restrooms were spotless even on a Saturday afternoon. Well worth the $8 fee. I was expecting triple that for such a nice place. 

• 3 years later...

Even though this is an old post, the comments from 2017 are still good in 2020.  I launched from Olcott on Sunday 8/23 and found the people and launch to be top notch.  Shuttle service to trailer parking was awesome and fees were fair.  Cleaning station and cooler wash working fine.  If you had your own cleaning board you might want to use it.  The one board in the shack is at an odd angle.  I hadn’t been there in a few years and was not disappointed.  Thumbs up compared to some other ports.

22 hours ago, Hacrwj said:

thanks...just booked a house walking distance to the launch.  Hopefully the weather will work in our favor

There are a couple cottages literally right next to launch that come with slips included in the price on Airbnb. We stayed in one this spring and other than the docks not being in place because of COVID it was awesome. Those docks were not part of the marina they were private docks, everything in the marina was in a fully functional. Fishing was great too.