We didnt fish Saturday due to a cancellation. We did some much needed maintence on the boat.

Sunday found us off Oswego trying to catch a brown trout, but the brown bite was better saturday. Only a few boats had just a couple browns on sunday by 830. I got a tip that there was some green water out past 400 so off we went to the depths. After trolling around around out there for a while we managed our first major on the 600 copper, white spinne green crinkle. Another hour went by and we were within 15 min of ending the trip when a rigger went off, another major. We got him put the rod back down it went off again. I talked the guys into staying for an 8 hr trip and they were all for it. We manged 4 more good ones and finished with 7 for the trip.

I feel like these fish are way offshore and probably have been for awhile. When we finished we were 23 miles from home but you gotta do what you gotta do. My father is mating for another captain in Oswego and they did fish over the deep water yesterday afternoon as well.

All my fish on the riggers came on a white spinnie with the original Rubber skirted fly the dirty irishman. This has been a producer since I came up with it 3 years ago.

I think this weekend will be better.

Nice report Brian, I'm willing to bet that if more boats concentrated on salmon this past weekend instead of browns the report would be much better looking as far as kings are concerned. I for one stayed inshore for trout as many boats did, but the boats ventured out deep off Oswego did well considering how things were going.

Then on Sun morning it seemed the salmon were coming closer as a south/southeast wind was pulling in colder water. I heard the 37# king out of Wrights came in 180' of water as did a few other 30 pounders on sunday am.

Hopefully the motherload will show soon and reward us after a frustrating salmon season. Be back fri, i'll give you a call.

37 lbs?? Brian, has this been verified?? That is what I'm talking about!!

I can confirm we saw the fish when the guy showed Chuck at the cleaning station. He was going to Borax it.

Spike

We only got a brown out there but saw plenty of hooks.

Brian,

Salmon only tourneys in Canada brother!!

Vince took a 32lb earlier this week in Olcott - is a 40lb gonna win the LOC??

On the Lam....I was not doubting your level of integrity, just starting a conversation with Brian - no harm meant....Dex