Braddock's 6-19, catch and release question

Went 2 for 2 (2lbs, 17lbs)in front of Lighthouse tonight in a hour both 90 feet down at 120 feet of water, rigger, green spin doctor, blue fly. Is there a better way to catch and release and the picture below? It seems to work however I would like to confirm.

20170619_184413.jpg

20170619_184219.jpg

If you get Lakers....burp them, then tow them around....once the fish is upright and swimming I torpedo them head first.
I'm not saying they all live, but this gives them a fighting chance

Sent from my VS987 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Can you explain burp them? I have had successful releases so far but would like to make sure

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

When you pull lakers off the floor in deep water, then tend to get the "bends" ( swim bladder fills with air). What I do is lay the fish on its side and push on the fish's stomach ....while i'm pushing on the stomach I'm moving my hand from the vent to the fish's gill. Pushing the air out.... the fish will burp really loud.... doesnt hurt the fish. If you just throw them back without burping, they will float and end up dieing. Burping them and then towing gives them a great chance of survival

Sent from my SM-T550 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

13 hours ago, jth21usa said:

Went 2 for 2 (2lbs, 17lbs)in front of Lighthouse tonight in a hour both 90 feet down at 120 feet of water, rigger, green spin doctor, blue fly. Is there a better way to catch and release and the picture below? It seems to work however I would like to confirm.

20170619_184413.jpg

20170619_184219.jpg

Can you send or post your tow set up out of water, it just might catch on.Thanks

I realize this is a laker thread, but I saw a Linders Anglers show, they said any fish caught below 35ft won't survive is this the case? Excluding lakers as they are the few that have the ability to decompress.