Tupper Lake

Tupper Lake

Hitting the Adirondacks for vacation and always wanted to hit Tupper and some of the surrounding lakes. Any and all advice would be helpful.I will be trying for walleyes, salmon ,lake trout ,and pike.

I will be doing an early recon next week  to scope out boat ramps and access before the actual trip

.Feel free to PM me as well

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

There is a good state launch and the eyes are big...very tough fishing.  Water is ink black and the only lures I caught on were purple and Id have loved to have tried some uv or glow stuff but didn't have any with me.  Also high frequency wide angle sonar gives tons of false returns with all the iron in the water similar to nighttime but way worse.  After I switched to 83 mhz and stopped chasing fish that weren't there I caught salmon, walleye, pike and bass on reef runner deep divers.  Did 1 laker on cow bells, but didn't have spin n glows then.  Best water I had was the east side of the islands from the blue Jay campground south.  There were two walleye boats slipped at blue Jay where we stayed and they worked south of that and they caught 2 fish between them all week...both 10 pounders.

Fishing the area where the river comes in is usually where I have my best luck but it's tough to troll with all the Contour changes. If you have light wind finding likely structure and vertical jigging it can also be productive on that Lake. Lots of fish in the lake and most of them run large to very large but with so much structure it is a challenging place to fish

Like all Northern and Canadian Shield Lakes, fish the river mouths esp at evening/night and during the day fish the side of the lake where the waves are crashing on the bank. 

i cant help you out with fishing info. on tupper,but i would fish tupper and stay there,dont even think about heading south towards the old forge area to fish.now that schools are closing it will be an absolute zoo in this area and you dont dare put a boat on these waters until after columbus day.

Tupper is tough! There is some big lakers and big walleyes and they are often together. Find 60-80fow with a relatively flat bottom so you can keep close to bottom with cow bells and flat fish/peanuts and you will catch lakers and walleye. Walleye aren't usually in "normal" walleye waters on tupper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk