Otisco finally gives up a good tiger

Otisco finally gives up a good tiger

This year the casting bite for tigers has been non existent at least for me the few times I've tried, and only caught 1 mid thirties fish all season walleye trolling.  I havent tried to much tiger trolling but what I have done hasn't moved a rod.  This evening we landed a 44 off shore walleye trolling down about 20 over 65.  Fish wasn't nearly as thick as I've seen but very healthy looking.  Had 8 boards out and a chute and it hit the outside rod which made for quite a fight with over 300 feet of line out before it hit.  Fish was in great shape,  good enough to get me a few times trying to get the grip I wanted!  It was a nice cool evening so I measured it quickly and they got some great video and pics before an easy release.  Dropped a couple nice eyes to,  but the tiger made our day!  I marked a lot more tigers as well today off shore than I have been.  Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for a solid trolling season.  After multiple trys I can't get the pic to upload....ill figure it out tomorrow I guess.

Edited by justtracytrolling

Sweet nice going Justin!! 8 boards out and land a nice tiger like that, quite the accomplishment!!!  Good to see on the board Justin!! PAP.

Thanks Tman!  Still struggling with this new phone and I officially hate technology!!!  Chuck and Dan have fished with me several times and it was a good thing as we needed a ton of teamwork getting that fish to the boat on light tackle and keeping the fish out of other gear.  We were way into the backing by the time we were able to gain any ground.  Everybody always asks once we get the full spread out what happens when we hook up...this fish wasn't the kind of thing you draw up.  As soon as we started getting the fish to come over the other 3 on that side the fish runs all the way across three of the 4 on the other.  Must have sped up, slowed down, went right and left several times each!  Love my Terrova...it gives me so much control!

• 2 weeks later...