How important is Crossbow weight ?

Looking at getting a crossbow. Question I have is how important is the actual weight of the crossbow? I have it narrowed down to two different models.

Tenpoint invader G3

330 FPS

96.7 kinetic energy

165lb draw

Weighs 6.6 lbs

Vs.

Bear Bruzer FFL

335 FPS

99.3 kinetic energy

125lb draw weight

Weighs 9.0 lbs

Both have dry fire safety, warranties, and are very comparable. I can get the bear for $110 cheaper than the tenpoint.

I have very short walks to my hunting locations - a mile or less. So I'm wondering if the extra weight is that big of a deal

'Bout Time

Mike

I don't see the weight as a huge issue, as most of the time to really shoot accurately I would want a rest, mainly due to the very heavy triggers inherent in most crossbows.  One thing I focused on when I bought one last year for my dad was width. If I remember correctly the 10 pt G3 was about 21" wide? That's a lot to maneuver around and watch out for limb contact on the shot, especially if you are in a ground blind.  I think the minimum width in NYS for some reason is 17". Good luck in your search Mike. For what its worth, I ended up buying him a PSE Fang 350. Not top of the line by any means but it shoots well.

I don't see the weight as a huge issue, as most of the time to really shoot accurately I would want a rest, mainly due to the very heavy triggers inherent in most crossbows.  One thing I focused on when I bought one last year for my dad was width. If I remember correctly the 10 pt G3 was about 21" wide? That's a lot to maneuver around and watch out for limb contact on the shot, especially if you are in a ground blind.  I think the minimum width in NYS for some reason is 17". Good luck in your search Mike. For what its worth, I ended up buying him a PSE Fang 350. Not top of the line by any means but it shoots well.

Bruzer axle to axle is 18 at rest and 15 @ draw

Vs.

Ten point 22.6 at rest vs. 19 @ draw.

I do almost all tree stand hunting so I am leaning towards the bruzer for the compact design

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think it's huge. Both for carrying in, having it in your lap, or standing ready to shoot. I've got an older Barnett buck masters from years ago when hunting Ohio and man its a club foot when up in the stand. Fast and accurate but it's an anchor.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United