What's the feedback on Cayuga?

I fished it last weekend didn't do near as well as some here but gambler rig (spin and glow) on riggers right off bottom 100 foot of water produced some lake trout. 1.7 mph is where I was.

Disclaimer...lol....i am very very new to trolling and was probably doing a lot wrong but did manage to pick some up. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Lake trout are mainly on the bottom. Anywhere from 40 ft deep to 120 ft deep. Lake trout are the easiest fish to find and catch on this lake. You will also pick up lakers higher up when fishing for rainbows, browns and salmon. Bows, browns, and salmon are located in the top 30 ft of water or so. Look for bait on your fish finder and fish around that. Green is a favorite color for Cayuga, but colorful stuff is working now in the turbid water we are seeing. The gold backed silver Sutton spoons or for that matter any Sutton spoon is the universal Finger Lakes spoon. In non Sutton, Bows like pink, orange and other bright colors. Weeds are beginning to show up. Hopefully the wind will blow them to one side of the lake or the other. If fishing is a chore because of the weeds, pick up and run to the other side of the lake. Good luck!

Edited by 58Johnson

We fished Cayuga yesterday from 5 to 730pm. Ended up 13 for 13 with Lakers. Went out of longpoint and set up in front of the college in 90 foot of water. Had dipseys out 225 and 240. Downriggers were down 85 and 88 foot and we took a steady pick of Lakers. Cow bells with spin and glows on riggers and nbk on one dipsey and a silver blue spoon on the other. Went 1.6 to 1.9 sog.

Sent from my LGL82VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app