I was going to go walleye fishing last night around 9 and when I got down there I noticed a sighn that said park closes at 10pm they told me at the lanch I might get a ticket if I park there pats 10. any info I can ark there and if not where I can park and lanch for some night fishing? also will anyone be fishing I-BAY this week was thinking of going down and trying it anyways. :roll:

I fish I-Bay at night all the time. I have for the last 4 years. I've launched at the state launch by the bay outlet at 10 or 11 at night and pulled out at 5AM. I've never gotten a ticket or had any incidents whatsoever. Police have been sitting in the lot and have watched me pull out and haven't said a word to me. When I launch there, getting a ticket is the last thing on my mind.

Let us know how you do. I've been out a couple of times without any luck. I've always heard the Glenn Edith in 20ft+ water, but I've never caught one there, but have had a few pike in the boat. Only Walleye I've seen in IBay was casting a chartreuse bomber off the Helds cove point at dusk.

I usually launch at the gravel lot, on the south west side. Its free, well lit, and away from the mainstream traffic. Not alot of water, but if you have a smaller boat it isn't a problem.

from 590, get off at empire blvd and head east. Turn left onto Orchard Park Blvd. Its the last left before the hill down, 1 road past the light at the park i think. Anyways, once you make the turn its a straight drive past a dozen or so houses, then down the hill through the woods. At the bottom is the parking lot. The best place to launch from that lot is to the far right as you look out to the bay (where the red car is in the google link).

Be aware of the drainage ditch and the few rocks around there on the shore. Also, its gravel for only about 5-10 ft. out, then it drops to about 3 ft. of water and muddy bottom.

Once you know the place, its really easy. ;)

Good luck!

the launch on the North end (public) launch, well i know "people" who might park there up till 2am when the Marge's closes without any issues. I'm not sure what kind of person would sit on the beach drinking till 2am but never had any problems.

Last time I pulled the boat out there it was 1:30am, and as i was packing down the boat, 2 Monroe County cars pulled in the lot. They sat there for 5 minutes or so talking, then 1 took off, and the other sheriff drove up and asked us how the fishin was! My main concern at that launch is a transom full of empties and the boats with flashers that hover around the mouth :o

Marge's is the best kept secret as they say. Thats one advantage to parking there too... the celebratory shot at the end of catching fish all day... and you can go there in cammo or a soaking wet bathing suit and nobody treats you any different! I wasn't aware they had a closing hour? :mrgreen:

I'd be careful there. I live less than a mile up Culver from Marge's. Trust me. The cops know it's there too because most often when I happen to be pulling out after 2:00AM, they've got cruisers positioned in the SeaBreeze overflow lot or up by the mini golf course. Quite regularly I see people touching their noses and walking the line on Culver....if not right out my front yard...then a house or two down. Best not to drink if you go boating anyways. It's unsafe and definitely not necessary.

Have you ever seen a nose pointer towing a boat? Curious. Thats why I usually try to launch at the free lot in the south end.

I don't think I'm the only one who will agree with the following statements:

1. I always catch something when I'm on the boat, even if I don't get any bites!

2. Fishing is 1/3 sport, 1/3 outdoors, and 1/3 getting buzzed without anyone nagging :lol:

In all honesty though, I'm pretty good at sobering up before I hit the dock.

Maybe I should start a Walleye Charter service on I-Bay. I swear they're in there and I get a couple 2 or 3 almost every time I go out. Not huge numbers but I rarely get skunked. My best night was 4 in the boat and one lost AT the boat. No monsters, but all keepers. In fact, I don't think I've ever caught an undersize in the 4 years I've been fishing the Bay. I've shared info on this board and in PM's. Very specific info. Enough that some guys would wish I'd keep my mouth shut but I've received alot of helpful info here and I'm not the type to bottle info when it could mean a day of success or the smell of skunk for someone. I'm not a Walleye guru. Although it's my passion, I'm a mediocre Walleye angler at best but RARELY to I fish outside this species. So this is puzzling to me. I'd think that guys who really have a handle on Walleye fishing would be able to light it up out there. But if I can offer any more help in any way, I'd be glad to. But I don't know what else to say except they're in there and keep trying.

If you see a small yellow ski boat, its my friend Mark. He's been diligently trying to figure it out every Friday and Saturday. Any guiding words? I might join him on the hunt... more than likely though I'll be out on the lake looking for smallies at dawn in front of Long Pond.

well there really are walleye in I-BAY started out late lastnight and in the first 10 min I got 2 fish one was a real fat 26" the othe a real fat 22" then we were out till 4:30 am and on had a few nice hits cant say for sure that they were walleye but the hit like the first two. I will be back out after work tonight around 4am. hey thanx for the help on the bay I will give another report tomorrow when I wake up.