Olcott June 22 2017, Morning

Olcott June 22 2017, Morning

Left Olcott harbor went east towards smokestack. Started at 125 FOW, and trolled for a couple hours. Lots of bait and hooks showing in top 50 FOW. Caught a couple shakers. went out to 300 FOW caught nice steelhead on the way. Circled back toward shore and had a good one on the 10 color lead core with a spoon. Tried to land without a net an it broke off- RATS!  Should have used the net, but last Sat when I lost my net overboard I was forced to hoist them in, and it worked so well, I  Thought I would try it again. Live and learn. So then  I caught one on a chinook diver in 200 FOW 200 feet back. SD and green fly.  Small chinook. While I was fighting it the rigger went 100 feet down with a SWR rod- SD and Fly. Big Fish. taking line real fast. I reached down and tightened drag too much, and you guessed it, broke off. So, 6 hits, landed 4, threw two back. Kept a nice SH and a nice Coho. Maybe 10 boats out there, most around 125-250 feet. Water is 62, and is 50 something till you get down over 100 feet. I also saw some bait balls in 300 FOW, but definitely was marking more fish 150-250. But in the morning,  6-7, they were not biting as good as I had about 8-9 am. weird.

I lost a $70 net last year. This year I added a 2ft piece of a pool noodle floaty looks a little gay but it keeps it afloat.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

That's exactly what I did with my New net! Pink even.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app