10 color lead core and Divers- Spin Doctor, or just a clean spoon?

10 color lead core and Divers- Spin Doctor, or just a clean spoon?

QUESTION guys.???  I have a rod with 10 colors of lead core, and it has been a successful rod. Usually steelhead hit it though. I use a spinner rig, it has about 6 or 8 prism/chrome spinners in line, and behind that I put a 36  inch leader, and a spoon.  I wonder, is it effective to just run a spoon, with no spin doctor, or paddle on divers and lead core? Or do you most always run a paddle, or SD when you use a diver or lead core (copper too I suppose). Thanks, I have always wondered what the  standard was with lead core and divers.

I love running lead but I never really do it after June because of the fleas in Ontario.  Has anyone had any success running anything even close to ten colors when the water warms up an the fleas are in?  I tried it once a few seasons ago in July and the lead line got so fouled with slime I almost had to throw the whole rig in the garbage.

I love running lead but I never really do it after June because of the fleas in Ontario.  Has anyone had any success running anything even close to ten colors when the water warms up an the fleas are in?  I tried it once a few seasons ago in July and the lead line got so fouled with slime I almost had to throw the whole rig in the garbage.

Bearcat, are you running micro lead or the Suffix 832 instead of standard lead? Those are the ones that I use and the fleas absolutely covered them the one time I used them in summer. Like you said, almost had to junk the whole core.

I think the standard may be thick enough not to be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was using standard 18 lb - no good!  I respooled with standard 27 lb, haven't tried it yet during flea season. have you had good results with that?  and is there a brand or type of lead that is actually effective for fleas?