June 24 Olcott. Waves 2 feet or less my A$$!

4 to 5 footers. Buddy got sick almost immediately. Had to run him home all the way back to Clarence. So much for the 0530 start. Poor guy. I went back out. Lots of bait and fish 50 to 100 feet down. I was in 125 to 200 fow. Had one and list it. That's all . Could not make them bite. Fished 0930 to noon by the time I got back and re launched. I never catch anything​ when it is rough.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, Landshark said:

download%201_zpsjixbsegc.jpg

Sent from my XT1565 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Save yourself money (for those who get sea sick) and buy Benadryl or a store brand equivalent. The active ingredient in benadryl and dramamine is Diphenhydramine HCI 25mg. I keep a bottle of the walmart brand on my boat for those who "might" get sick.

I believe the product in my picture doesn't contain diphenhydramine at all. That's the drug that makes you sleepy. Also keeping it on the boat isn't a great help. Once someone is sea sick they are sea sick. It should be taking as a prevention not an after thought

Sent from my XT1565 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You are correct Landshark, there are different versions of dramamine out there. And the best time to take it is the night before. The best dramine product I saw when I was a deck hand in Texas was those dramamine patches that are placed behind the ear the night before a fishing trip. In my 300+ trips on the Gulf of Mexico I never saw a customer get sick if they put that patch on the night before and still had it on when they showed up at the boat.

When my son was real young he would get car sick, so my wife bought him chewable dramamine that was safe for kids. A few years later he was prescribed benadryl for seasonal allergies. That's when she compared the active ingredient in the dramamine to the benedryl and found it to be the same. I didn't believe it until she showed me. He grew out of being car sick, and never got sea sick. I keep an empty tube of dramamine on my boat too, and I grab that one first if someone thinks they might need one. Then I play "dumb" and tell them it's empty, then hand them the benadryl and have them compare the active ingredient so they can see it's the same thing. Taking either one too late might be a thing of "mind over matter". In the Army that translates to "if you don't mind, it don't matter" :lol:

Welcome to NOAA. I always add a foot or two to their wave predictions spent a lot of mornings eating breakfast instead of fishing when they predict 1 to 3. And I agree with the post that fishing sucks when it's rough. Hard to maintain a course and the lures are acting all crazy at the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United