Pound Test

For what species? For salmon that would be fine, in flurocarbon, if that's what your referring to. Some might say that's to light but that's what I use, after that I feel if your using a spoon the heavier line steals some of the action of the spoon, even the flies seem like they're not as free flowing. Again this is my personal thoughts.

PAP, 

I see your south of Scranton.  I just moved to PA.  Used to fish Lake MI and Lake Huron for Silver and walleye for about 20 years.  Had to move out here for work.  I'm just north of scranton.  Give me a shout if your ever interested in a rider or being one.  I will be floating alone till I find some people.  Going up July 4 weekend alone.  Wife is going to Houston. 

Not too light at all. The max leader I use is 17 on my main lines. I do use 20 or 25 lb leaders on by wire lines, but only because wire does stretch at all and the mono ends up acting as a shock absorber

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I like 20 lb blue label will go to 25 for staging kings with 30 lb braid for main line .have not broke a fish of yet just retie if you get any nicks in leader ck after every fish,

2 hours ago, hard knox said:

I like 20 lb blue label will go to 25 for staging kings with 30 lb braid for main line .have not broke a fish of yet just retie if you get any nicks in leader ck after every fish,

I agree with the above post, especially if your combat fishing, when you need to horse the fish in!,,:yes: