Not for sale. Suggestions please

just me

If you tell us more about the boat we may be of some help. What brand is it? outboard or I/O is it open or a cuddy. What year is it and what VIN?

For most aluminum boats a 2000 pound capacity winch will be sufficient. If it is on rollers you are fine with 2000 pounds. If it is on bunks you may want to spray the bunks with silicone to make them more slippery. all you do is a roughly horizontal pull, you are not going vertical.

Edited by rolmops

My experience with electric winchs is the wiring harness supplied with them is way too light.  Really need a extra heavy cable.   The other thing is to pull with a double line by dead heading cable at the winch and using a pulley on the hook.  IMO a heavy duty two speed mechanical winch works as good and is less of a problem to maintain.

After years of a winch, then electric winches, I chose an electric 11,500 pound winch. It can lift my boat, trailer and truck vertically into the air. It does not strain pulling my 18 foot aluminum outboard onto the trailer. A few dollars more and it should be the last winch I will need to install.