Cayuga 6-24-17 and 6-25-17

Started out about 5:30 a.m. Saturday morning doing a little pre fishing four the FLTA event on Sunday.. We launched out of Dean's Cove and set up heading out towards the middle we ran six rods a 3 color core, a 200 copper, 2 riggers and 2 dipsy's... Once set up we trolled a bit before our dipsy's started firing left and right they were actually hitting them as we were resetting them on the way down.. We were field testing a new Iron Duke fly and that fly was on fire and continued to stay on fire all weekend.. We had a little extra time to play around on Saturday so I actually ran a couple other flies that are pretty good flies down on the same setting and the same amount of wire out and they did not compare to the new fly we are field testing.. This fly was absolutely lights out.

SUNDAY

Launched out of Dean's Cove again this time we ran right to the spot we had located the fish at the day before and set up shop running 3 cores, 3 coppers, 2 riggers, rig rods and dipsy's.. Let's just say the fish were still there and it took us over 2 hours to get our complete spread in the water.. We were trying our best to cull our box of fish so that we can return anything that we weren't going to weigh in back to the lake but that became extremely tough though at times.. There was one time where we had seven fish on at once.. We were able to locate a decent salmon and a decent Brown also caught a couple smaller rainbows which completed our grand slam for the day..Bellis Program Spoons caught most of our silvers.. We headed to weigh in with a decent box and ended up fourth overall for the tournament.. We dropped a couple decent Lakers at the back of the boat that probably would have put us over the top but hey that's fishing and it is what it is.. We caught close to 30 fish on Saturday and 62 fish on Sunday and dropped about 10 more.. I can honestly say this was the best day of fishing I have ever had on a Finger Lake, It was absolutely insane we actually contemplated taking rods out of the water so that we could get caught up on what we were trying to do LOL.. A day I will never forget. I will add a sneak peek of The Fly on here with the rest of the pictures that I have for the weekend it already has a name and I'll post it when I post it on the Facebook page and website.. Out of all the fish we caught for the weekend this particular fly caught 75% of the fish..

Mike

20170625_044152.jpg

10723.jpeg

10728.jpeg

20170624_082714.jpg

20170625_082653.jpg

20170620_184151-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

the fishing been unbelievable , i tell how i did to others and they kinda look at me as to say (yeah right ) and by 10:30 my fishing partner is hinting he is ready to quit ..                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     i also would like to know when your fly is ready for sale . its funny that i have 400  A Tom mik flies and i just been running the flies i bought from you and doing very well with them..nice report Mike

Nice Mike. What a nice looking fly. Gots to get me some of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Good going, nothing wrong with fourth!!!!......jk

Nice Mike.  Let me know when that fly goes on sale!

the fishing been unbelievable , i tell how i did to others and they kinda look at me as to say (yeah right ) and by 10:30 my fishing partner is hinting he is ready to quit ..                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     i also would like to know when your fly is ready for sale . its funny that i have 400  A Tom mik flies and i just been running the flies i bought from you and doing very well with them..nice report Mike

Thanks guys... Fly will be added Thursday to Website.

Mike

Way to go Mike, I was wondering how you did over the weekend, now I know congrats on a great couple days Ill be ordering a few of those flies.

Fantastic Days! These are the ones you will talk about 15 years from now! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks Guys .. Just got back from Ontario and that Fly was putting the smack down on kings as well the last 2 days

Mike

For anyone that was interested few of you wanted me to let you know when the fly was available for purchase and it is now available for purchase on the website..

Thanks again guys for all your support we would be nothing if it wasn't for the awesome and great guys and gals on this site

Mike