Lake systems riggers

Xxx

Lake systems riggers

As some might of heard I thought I was getting a set of outriggers, well it turned out to be 3 Lake System riggers and they all work as I tested them. The problem I'm running into is what type of bases do these riggers take? It appears that there is a sort if dovetail type base and they also accept a pipe type mount like those that fit into those angled rod holders that are manufactured into gunnal rails. I was wondering if anyone would have bases laying around. I would like to mount these on my 18fter that I run around home with. If anyone knows of other mounts that would work, or have a set of bases that would be great. Also if anyone has any knowledge of what  poundage these riggers can lift? Thanks for any help. Greatly appreciated!! Thanks PAP.

Thanks guys for the info!!  Still looking for a set of bases that hold the rigger itself, I have the cannon swivels, but need the part in between the rigger and the cannon swivels. I have read the above post on line, I was hoping someone would have a set of the lake system bases. Thanks for showing the interest to help me out, I'll look into those U shaped bases. Maybe I could patent som sort of base. Will post pic of under side to give an idea of what I'm looking for.!! PAP ps it's a shame for these riggers, they were hardly used, one has coated cable on it for a sub troll!!.

A friend of mine has a 3D printer. He's always asking what I need built. I'll give him one of my bases and see if he can print one??

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

A friend of mine has a 3D printer. He's always asking what I need built. I'll give him one of my bases and see if he can print one??

Awesome idea, but I don't believe the 3D printed material would be strong enough for a downrigger base. I've used 3D printers for 9 years and the parts are not structurally sound for load bearing and fatigue applications. There are printers that can print stronger materials, but they are very expensive. You could, however, 3D print a base and use it as a mold to sand cast the real one out of aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I hope there not useless I'm printing one now. It won't swivel but you can mount it to a swivel base.

Yes with a dove tail kind of mount.
The onesI have have a built in swivel and lock. But like you said I don't know if they can handle the stresses of a down rigger in ruff water. So the ones I'm printing will not swivel.

Ok. Yeah I'm not sure about the strength either. Looks like PAP can mount them to his Cannon swivel bases, so he's all set there. Just needs the plate that goes in between the rigger and swivel base (that you are printing). If it does work, it would be a great advertisement for 3D printing! Will depend if the load is taken up by the mounting bolts or if the plate bears the load. Please post a pic when it's done!

Holy crap yea that's what I need!! I need the dove tail piece between the rigger and the swivel base. I will make a plate to adapt to the cannon swivel base, what is the material he is using to make the dovetails?? I will pay for the materials if need be!!!  Thanks guys.

1 hour ago, LakerTaker said:

Ok. Yeah I'm not sure about the strength either. Looks like PAP can mount them to his Cannon swivel bases, so he's all set there. Just needs the plate that goes in between the rigger and swivel base (that you are printing). If it does work, it would be a great advertisement for 3D printing! Will depend if the load is taken up by the mounting bolts or if the plate bears the load. Please post a pic when it's done!

Yea, that's what I need also, the dove tail piece, if it's not strong enough, then I'll have a prototype and get them made out of aluminum at a machine shop right up the road from me. Either way I'm ecstatic about the idea of getting these rigger bases made. !!! PAP. 

Do you have the dovetail base? Do you think they would handle 16# torpedos? I'm not thrilled with these cannons, that are so fast its rediculous. Are these riggers slower like the older cannons?? How did you fold the sides of the channel in to fit the rigger bases??

Edited by pap

I'm putting some carbon fiber in these in the dovetail. I'm thinking they should be strong enough to handle the rigger and 16 pound weights. As for price. There won't be any. Just pay it forward. Help a brother out when you can. I'm still in the drawing stage. So it will still be a couple days. It will take about 6 to 8 hours to print. I actually had to stop the print once the concerns about stresses arose and redesigning using carbon fiber to reinforce the stress areas. Ill probable print 1 and send it to you to see if it will work for you then print the other after your testing. I could print the whole thing out of carbon fiber but that would be about the same cost as having one made in a machine shop.

Edited by Fishnut

I'm putting some carbon fiber in these in the dovetail. I'm thinking they should be strong enough to handle the rigger and 16 pound weights. As for price. There won't be any. Just pay it forward. Help a brother out when you can. I'm still in the drawing stage. So it will still be a couple days. It will take about 6 to 8 hours to print. I actually had to stop the print once the concerns about stresses arose and redesigning using carbon fiber to reinforce the stress areas. Ill probable print 1 and send it to you to see if it will work for you then print the other after your testing. I could print the whole thing out of carbon fiber but that would be about the same cost as having one made in a machine shop.

I have a pair and I run 12 pounders on it all the time.

Yeah that would be awesome!! Your the ace in the hole we've been looking for!! I don't expect you to do all this for nothing!! Whatever it is that's what I'll pay. I'm just happy for you to help us out!! There has to be cost plus your time. Thanks again!! PAP

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Print time is going to be 22hrs. I'm going to print them over the holiday weekend. Should be able to ship them to you on the 5th. I need an address?

4 hours ago, tinfin said:

Very interesting Pap, nice to see a brother step up and add some great Tech. Please keep us updated.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I will definitely keep us in the "know how" I have 3 of these riggers that were given to me, they came from a guy I met on the ST Lawrence River found out he lives 10 miles from me, they were his dad's, then he got them afterwards and they've been stored in his garage, he told me they cant possibly have a hour of run time on them. Even the stickers saying up-down and swim whatever that means? Is still on them.

I will definitely keep us in the "know how" I have 3 of these riggers that were given to me, they came from a guy I met on the ST Lawrence River found out he lives 10 miles from me, they were his dad's, then he got them afterwards and they've been stored in his garage, he told me they cant possibly have a hour of run time on them. Even the stickers saying up-down and swim whatever that means? Is still on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app