Lake systems riggers

Xxx

36 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Pap are you up at the lake? I have a friend who is a machinest and lives in Henderson we could come over and see what you need

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

He lives in PA, but fishes out of the Henderson/Dexter area.

The swim setting lets you program how far your riggers can move automatically when they are set. Up and then back down to where you had them set.

3 hours ago, Hobo said:

Pap are you up at the lake? I have a friend who is a machinest and lives in Henderson we could come over and see what you need

No I'm from pa. But maybe if these don't seem structurally sound that's a avenue we will explore, thanks for contacting me about this. I agree these is turning out to be a great thread!!

Yea TinFin at first the guy told me they were out riggers and he told me his dad paid $3grand for them. When I first saw them I thought they were Cannon riggers but the bases were odd looking. They have 5FT fiberglass booms. They were way ahead of there time and the cost factor is why they folded up. I can't wait to use them!! I'm a little weird in ways, I like to take older stuff and make it workable, especially in my favorite activity fishing, nothing on my boat other than my electronics is brand new. I bought a set of mag 20's and I hate how fast they are, I'm hoping these will lift 16# and speed of the older cannons, to me this would be like having the best of both worlds!!

I love my lake system trollers but I've never had a set of cannon riggers that weren't manual, they got slower as the day got longer. Lol.

LOL, I'm not ready to get rid of my 20's yet, I know someone on here said they used 15#ers on there lake systems, I don't know how long the booms were on the ones that lift 15#'s but the mag 20 will pull 16#ers and there telescopic, if they seem flimsy I'll stick the 5ft metal booms I bought off a fellow LOU member. 

Tinfin I do what I can afford, with the sales on here and the shows the lake folks have, if your not to proud to use 2nd hand stuff you can outfit your boat with the 2nd best of the best!! :lol:

You could easily make the dovetail pieces on a table saw from aluminum. It cuts very easy with the saw. I used a circular saw to cut up aluminum dump boxes when i work at a truck shop. Just wear face protection the lit bits of aluminum really fly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I thought about that also, but you would have to remove a lot of material lots and lots of cuts with a table

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

First mount is done. I'll drop it in the mail tonight. Let me know how it works and I'll get working on the other 2. I wish I could post pictures, this thing looks good. [emoji4]

Man that sounds awesome, fishnut, I can't wait to see it. Your are F&?(king KING! I will post a pic for ya when it gets here!! Good people you are man, I thank you sir!! You will be rewarded for your effort put forth. PAP

Edited by pap

Should be getting it on Saturday or Monday. Dropped it off pretty late Thursday evening, might not have went out until Friday morning. They said 2 days you should get it.

I did some testing. I've made 3 so far. The first was solid printed ( it took 35 hours to print) and The second was printed with a honey comb center ( it took just over 20 hours to print) then I pulled them apart with a hydraulic press , the solid one broke first. I believe it is to ridged when it's solid. The honey combed one never did break it deformed a little but didn't break. So that's how I made the one I sent you. I believe you will have no problems with it. Try it and let me know. So I can print the other 2.

That's sound great, I really like the idea of trying different strengths!! Is the underneath solid or someway to put it on a plate of aluminum or of such to fasten it to a base?? Just curious?? Running it place at the mail box!!!:lol:

• 1 month later...

So this is what I have accomplished so far, I'm in the process of redoing the power cords, the bases are from fishnut who is a stand up brother to this site and to take me under his wing is above and beyond!!! As you can see it's been a ride but now all I need to do is rewire the riggers and Fish On Baby!!!! I forget on the 1 1/4" aluminum block I had the mounting holes drilled to accept a 1/4-20 bolt with a allen head. So stay tuned till I rewire the rigger power cords.image.thumb.jpg.fc40eb4220abe00d6394a99bc038f53f.jpgimage.thumb.jpeg.7eb55632f6fb8eb9918f72adda4048fa.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ccce18f72f7cd525d949fc3275330eba.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5be3074cd79b13d9249d81bbe3389c91.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e1c48322268d300ef260cc3c195a6a5a.jpeg

Edited by pap

Well I finally got a chance to put this all together as a temporary thing as I'm getting the oak board finished and that will fit into the area in the back where the Bimini top folded up and stowed away. I didn't want people to think I was slacking off. My father in law has come down with a rare bone marrow disease which less than 2% of the peopl have in the U.S. But it is curable with cancer type methods, chemotherapy for 5 days then off a month than another 5 days of the same. Hopefully after that he can just take the chemotherapy pills they have now. So this has put my prodject on the back burner, but here's some pics. as I got it all together just waiting for my board to be finished so I can get it all in operation. Here's some pics, I've heard of these riggers having a digital read out, but these are before that era, so maybe someone could tell me approx. what time frame these riggers are from?? Also the last 2 pics. are of Fishnut's work and also the kingpin of this whole ordeal!! He is a true brother to this site and for that I commend him for his efforts put forth!!:yes: :handshake:.image.thumb.jpeg.d3fb1c78f79d6081b281641ab56f40b2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6fcd5387e96c46761fe67fecbe05a8ba.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0625a5198e7445baa6a3bba751dbc5bc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.babf3b717d03a5636e1d22f61f25c9bf.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.08274eb0f85863d053fa6cfed0b96dbd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.08274eb0f85863d053fa6cfed0b96dbd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.aaa9e8f29995aa4bdc92e16fd1085fa9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8f38bfb9dea5c98784e4f01399ad4802.jpeg