Crestliner sabre rebuilding

nicknick

Hi guys i have a few questions for you all...

I just bought a crestliner sabre and i need some advice on a few things.

1st i want to redo the floors with pvc decking boards, has anyone ever used that?

2nd theres a few spots on the transom that have a few spots like corrsion, i hasnt gone through or anything but they are worrying me, should i just weld them in ( filling) and then grind it down and repaint?

3rd thing i want to repaint the bottom( waterline) what should as anti-fouling? Its an aluminum hull.

Thanks for your input and help.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I don't know the weight factor, like Dave mentioned the plywood being one piece with hold everything in place, I don't know if you don't put nailers in you won't have enough places to fasten each board. Plus after the plywood  you put a sealer to it will be waterproof, where the decking boards will leak in between the joints, making the under wood wet and it will rot quicker than you think. This is my opinion so could be wrong. Just going by what my deck does when it rained and also those boards are heavy.

Well i was thinking of taking the plywood completely out and putting pvc decking boards.. they are a little heavier than plywood but no rot ever, they sell pvc boards that are hollow in the middle maybe ill see if those are lighter thank you Big Dave & pap

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Under water paint on an aluminum hull should have an etching primere for aluminum over bare aluminum. An underwater primer, then anti fouling paint for aluminum that does not contain copper.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United