Dummy flasher connected to downrigger ball?

I attached a Yakima spinner to my DR ball last time out. It was very rough so as usual I didn't catch anything that day but I will continue to try it. I have been reading about connecting a dummy flasher to the Dr ball as an added attracter. Has anyone on the LOU tried this? A wiggle swarm flasher can also be used, and they have videos.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

8 hours ago, final flight said:

Stretch your lead out on rough days the rougher the farther, works for me , but then again I'm a spoon pulling kind of guyemoji12.png

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Longer leads on rough days, thanks I will try that. I have a hard time catching on rough water. 

They make vertical flashers that go from cable to dr ball, 3 flashers total. I have used it on Lake Ontario and lake Champlain (where I was introduced) with so so results. Didn't notice any difference. You're supposed to run a spoon on a short lead right behind them.

I run vertical  flashers a lot and like anything with fish you need to let them tell you what they wont on any given day that being said there a little hard to understand some times .But i do think it helps to pull fish into your spread i have done well on some days when other boats have done poorly .

When the Hot Spot Agitator first came out I tied two up in tandem & attached them to the ball. I would run a spoon, normally an Apex five feet above & behind the Agitators. Since then it has been my top producer even beating out a flasher & meat!

On 7/1/2017 at 1:21 PM, Blue Knight said:

When the Hot Spot Agitator first came out I tied two up in tandem & attached them to the ball. I would run a spoon, normally an Apex five feet above & behind the Agitators. Since then it has been my top producer even beating out a flasher & meat!

Ok maybe I will tandem the yakima spinners and then run a clean spoon above them. I will try that. Thanks.