Fishing With Dad

Fishing With Dad

My middle son was graduating and my Mother and Father were traveling here from Seattle to attend graduation ceremony and party.  My dad is a great guy, a long time boat owner and was an avid fisherman back in the day.  Me being without a boat for 5 years I picked one up this spring.  This was sort of a special trip for my dad as it was the 1st time he has traveled here since having a stroke in July 2016.  Post stroke he is a bit more child like, has short term memory loss, problem solving issues and poor impulse control.  In addition he now walks with a cane and has various left side deficits.  

A few months back while talking on the phone he explained to me that I may have to help him reel in any fish when we go out as he is not sure if he can hold a pole with his left hand.  Unfortunately my boat being a 19 footer I had to tell him that I can't take him fishing which clearly upset him.  A few days later it hit me that I should find out if a charter can help.  I found a charter that was able to accommodate for his mobility issues as well as provide a fishing chair with a gimbal mount to help hold the rod.  So 6AM Monday morning we boarded Reel Excitement with Captain Bob Songin.  We had an awesome view with many waterspouts to the north and Captain Bob was able to put us on the fish.  My dad was able to see his first waterspout in person as well as catch his first lake trout ever.  

Huge Thank You to Bob Songin for a very special fishing trip!  

20170626_093044.jpg

20170626_104818.jpg

20170626_105220.jpg

Absolutely wonderful, you are very special just to have your dad!! 2 thumbs up to the charter also. Hope everyone had a great time. Looks like dad had a kick azz time and that's what is important here!!:yes: