Back From Lac Seul

muskie magnet

Back From Lac Seul

What a great trip, the 23 hours ride each way went by fast and was an adventure in itself. The Beauty of the trans-Canada highway was awesome, the northshore wilderness of Lake Superior is vast and unspoiled...amazing views of Island studded Thunder Bay and no one around ! Hardly anyone lives there, amazing! Moose and bear all over the place, dangerous to travel at night. The cabin pic below is just a pic of where we stayed at our halfway point in Wawa, Ontario , the interesting part of that is that we just missed Ted Nugent by a couple of days, he stays there 2x times a year to bow hunt bear. That should speak volumes of the bear hunting in the area of Wawa. So, we travel 23hrs, 1300 miles, then travel 36 miles by boat to our outpost camp. Small world, 10 others guys from Rochester are there ! The O'Connell Electric crew is there, they've been going up there for 22 years, great bunch of guys and boy do they have it dialed in! Shore lunch is an art form to these guys and no expense spared, they live very good in the bush. That's Tom Parkes holding up the 45" pike he caught and had brought home for mounting. I have a lot more pics and will post again after all of them are together. Ken and Brenda Robins are nice people and the camp is great, check it out. http://www.lacseuloutposts.com/bestwalleyemuskiepikefishinginontario.htm  MORE PICS ADDED

IMG_3083.JPG

IMG_3085.JPG

IMG_3091.JPG

IMG_3105.JPG

IMG_3111.JPG

IMG_3114.JPG

IMG_3116.JPG

IMG_3120.JPG

IMG_3119.JPG

IMG_3124.JPG

IMG_3129.JPG

IMG_3132.JPG

IMG_3134.JPG

IMG_3137.JPG

2.png

1.png

3.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

11.png

12.png

14.png

DSCF1038.JPG

DSCF1044.JPG

DSCF1045.JPG

DSCF1046.JPG

DSCF1051.JPG

DSCF1052.JPG

DSCF1053.JPG

DSCF1057.JPG

DSCF1058.JPG

DSCF1065.JPG

DSCF1067.JPG

10d.png

IMG_3094.JPG

IMG_1401.JPG

IMG_1411.JPG

IMG_1412.JPG

IMG_1414.JPG

IMG_1424.JPG

IMG_1427.JPG

IMG_1433.JPG

IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG

IMG_1473.JPG

IMG_1474.JPG

IMG_1503.JPG

Edited by muskie magnet
added more pics

Anything! They like to hit on your walleye when your bring them in as well. Lots of pike and muskies around. Only fished for muskie for a couple hours, my son lost a huge one after a 10 minute battle, there are world records in there!

We did Lac Seul a few years back with Silver Water Wheel, which is the only lodge located mid-lake. We never saw another boat the whole week. The fishing was amazing...killer walleye by day with the guide, then smallmouth all evening on topwater when the boat was ours to use sans guide...we had one day where we logged >100 walleye over 18" up to 29.5" (we never hit that magic 30" mark, although the guide's girlfriend, who we invited to fish with us one afternoon, banged a 31" fish). It truly was an unparalleled fishery. I'm glad to hear that it's still just as good.

Edited by Gator

The outfitters boats look well outfitted, was there a plus towing your own boat other than comfort? We did it both ways, other than to be able to cover more turf the price of towing vs. renting there boats was about the same. Awesome,awesome trip, it's been a while since I saw a big group of guys together on a fishing trip!! We usually had 8-10 guys but as time went on it was usually just the 6 of us. The fish you guys caught there were much better size than when we went!! Is there a slot on that lake? The lake we fished for 20+years put a slot limit on the lake and the guys that went last year say it's really working. That big pike I take is going on the wall??!! Congrats guys thanks for all the pics. There's nothing that compares to a Canadian fishing trip!!. Maybe I'll give it a go again someday but that border Buisness we went through was enough Bullshyt for me. I'd like to take my kids on a trip like that before I'm to decrepit to go anymore!! I'm happy for you guys, nice trip!! Thanks for all the pics. PAP

• 2 weeks later...

The outfitters boats seemed ok, though I didn't ride in them. Comfort was important to me, It was a great trip and yes there is a slot limit, although Lac Seul gets very little fishing pressure and it's the 2nd largest lake completely in the province of Ontario. There is no camping and no cottages permitted on the lake. It's a huge body of water surrounded by wilderness, beautiful. Your allowed to keep 4 fish per day, under 18" and/or with 1 over 21". Take them kids!! They would love it and have great memories to last a lifetime .

Thanks very interested, what were the roads like getting to the lake? Have a smaller 18' with a I/O good or no good? Comfort would be up most important to me also, have busted up back and hard seats or bending for long periods of time kill me. How bad were the bugs?

More pics added ..Bugs up there are not bad I'm told and they weren't bad at all when I was there and it was skitter and blackfly season, mayflys were hatching and that doesn't matter too much either :). Roads are great, 36 miles in by boat. Great place, I would do it again sometime .  http://www.lacseuloutposts.com/

Edited by muskie magnet