Dunkirk 8/13 & 14

After checking the weather sites it looks like Wednesday and Thursday might be the best for me to make the trip. Winds look to be light as near as I can tell....anybody over that way have better info? I hate to drive the 2 1/2 hours to find it rolling. My father spent 20 years chasing walleye out of Dunkirk, now i take him back there once a year and would really like to spend the time on the water!!! Thanks for any assistance!

Dan

Welcome to our world! Forecast has been wrong more than right.

I'm assuming you are hitting the road early, so the local marina will

not be open yet.

I can tell you its been rolling since last Thursday, so we're due for

calm....

Weather forecasters are the same everywhere, arent they :lol: ? I actually have a trip for three booked in the morning on Canandaigua lake. I wont get the boat on the trailer and be on my way until probably 2:00pm. Hope to fish Weds evening and Thursday till noon or so then head home. Is there a phone number of a marina or someone I can call to get current conditions before I head your way? Thanks again.

Dan

Dan.. The number for Barcelona Harbor (15 mi. west of Dunkirk) is (716)326-6633. They're pretty good about giving updates. Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris) ps.. I hope it calms down..I'll be there next Wed. thru Monday!