Elite 7

Xxx

Elite 7

I was wondering if anyone has a power cord from the elite 7 era I don't know if others are compatible? I would like to be able to power up the unit, to make sure the updates and chip updates are correct. The last trip I was up fishing I was fishing blind as the update I thought I did wasn't correct and my finder was a treat to use. All that I had was depth numbers no contours and I had to manually move the screen as the arrow stood still and the pages moved. I had lines on the screen that must have been from years past, that I guess the computer remembered. But yea if you have a set of power cords for this unit I would like to buy them off of you!! Thanks PAP.

2 hours ago, Hillbillyx-press said:

Hey pap I may have a blue plug . How many pins?

Best bet is to buy a Furuno.

Hey thanks for the response if I count the pins and there right, would you think it will have the same slots that have to line up?? I'll check into if The Furuno is compatible!! Thank you again. Pap.

1 hour ago, LakerTaker said:

There are a few blue plug cords for sale on EBay and Amazon for around $30.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks for the heads up, if it comes down to that, I was hoping someone had a older set of plugs laying around, but I see these cords are used by a large amount of units, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad. Thank you again!! PAP!!

Mike it sounds as though the update was corrupted somehow. I'd reset the unit back to the factory default settings and then download the latest update from lowrance and apply it. http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Software-Updates/Elite-60/

I'm not sure whether the latest version 6 is comprehensive to just update using it alone or whether you have to install the previous version 4 beforehand.

Thanks Les, I did the installation and all went fine, and it locked onto the satellites almost instantly, I was like well that's a hell of lot better than before, I used to be half way across Henderson till it said position acquired. Plus I think the down scan looked better, that could be in my head!!:lol: I'll try that one you posted and go from there. I think I'm just going to buy a power cord from eBay, I just thought someone had a power cord laying around. My problem is the boats in NY and I brought the unit home, I usually have one of my daughters friends father do this for me. He works the computer side of our cable company and is a genius with this computers business. As far as the unit working I was more than upset, because he did the install and all went fine, and it worked flawlessly, I could zip up to the lake it showed contours hidden shoals and what not. Then the trip of a life time right after our charter and couldn't follow those lines, if I had a bat or a golf club it would be in LakeO. The weather was great we were able to get out and present a perfect spread but without being exactly along the drop offs you were screwed, but I had the best trip since my accident!! All went fine with my boat, so I think I have all or most of the gremlins kicked overboard:lol: my kicker went south the last day, but that was beyond our control, I think the pipe from the water pump to the power head either a seal or a o ring went south. It stopped pushing water out the exhauste ports and it would just slowly die out. We were done for the week anyway. Got home went to put the motor on a stand I made and dropped the motor on my big toe and broke my toe. WTF next, I have to learn I just can't do what I used to. I hate asking for help!! It's a man thing my wife tells me.