Ugly sticks

1 hour ago, Silver Fox said:

I've used them for 30 years and still going. Not sure about this c thing. Mine are still perfect. 1101L 9'

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Been using them for awhile too and never encountered a C thing either.

We run ugly sticks almost exclusively. Love them!! We use 8'3 medium light for riggers and boards- they work awesome, never fail, and are light enough to actually enjoy the fight with a small fish. And they handle a big salmon just fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

7 minutes ago, rdebadts said:

We run ugly sticks almost exclusively. Love them!! We use 8'3 medium light for riggers and boards- they work awesome, never fail, and are light enough to actually enjoy the fight with a small fish. And they handle a big salmon just fine!

:yes: :yes: :yes:

58 minutes ago, Iron Duke said:

Handle kings great and lite enough for the Fingers as well.. All of our rods except for our divers are Ugly Stix

Mike

11146.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Not trying to hijack thread but Mike I was wondering what ugly stiks you use for coppers and lead core cuz I was hoping to start converting to all ugly sticks as well as I had mentioned a couple weeks ago on fb. I've always been an ugly stik fan so it won't take much convincing for me 

Not trying to hijack thread but Mike I was wondering what ugly stiks you use for coppers and lead core cuz I was hoping to start converting to all ugly sticks as well as I had mentioned a couple weeks ago on fb. I've always been an ugly stik fan so it won't take much convincing for me 

They are Ugly Stick BWD 1101 9" I believe they classify them as downrigger rods all my boards and coppers I run on these rods and also use them as downrigger rods on Lake Ontario.. Best Rods you can get for the money hands down.

Mike

If anyone is willing to part with the their older style ugly stick 7 ft BWD 11017  2 piece model (trigger finger handle model) I'll buy them from you. The newer style they started coming out with this year doesn't have the trigger finger handle any longer. Thanks.

Edited by MikeyP

My answer would probably not be impartial unbiased or objective. :rofl:

I don't use downriggers, but do cast, jig and troll (a little) and have fished mine alot. they are durable good strong rods. one is 20 some odd years old.

Edited by UglyStik

They are Ugly Stick BWD 1101 9" I believe they classify them as downrigger rods all my boards and coppers I run on these rods and also use them as downrigger rods on Lake Ontario.. Best Rods you can get for the money hands down.

Mike

What he said. Good rods. I use them for cores, coppers and riggers.

Making your stories, Reel Stories, since 2011!!

On 30/06/2017 at 3:03 PM, MikeyP said:

If anyone is willing to part with the their older style ugly stick 7 ft BWD 11017  2 piece model (trigger finger handle model) I'll buy them from you. The newer style they started coming out with this year doesn't have the trigger finger handle any longer. Thanks.

I think I got 2 but they are 1 piece

I have used the 7 foot 2 piece bwd ugly sticks for several years. Tried one 7 footer about 10 years ago. Now I own 6. Love the shorter rod. And they handle big kings just fine

On 6/30/2017 at 3:03 PM, MikeyP said:

Sent you a PM....I have 6 of the 7 foot 1 piece for sale

Almost all of mine are ugly sticks.  One piece 7' for downriggers or shoreline trolling for browns off the boards.  I have the 10' newer model and the slightly different older model 10' model dipsy rods.  If you find the older model, buy them!  The newer models are overkill too beefy.  After hearing Best Chance To's lecture at a LOTSA event, they seemed to indicate they were involved with the design of the Shimano Talora rod.  They stated they were made just like the Ugly Sticks.......well I broke one yesterday and I can tell you looking at the broken tip, they are not made like ugly sticks.  The tips are not solid fiberglass.....hollow.

Ugly sticks have kept me fishing and out of the poor house.
They have always caught fish for us.
Bottom bouncing and running boards. We have many sizes for different fishing.