Questions on Cannon DR's

About to purchase my first set of new DR's in 15 years. REALLY like the sounds of the Digi-Troll 10's and the bottom track feature. Concerned about the negative feedback on transducer issues however with this feature. Those of you who use the Digi-Troll 10 with the bottom track, was it worth going this route or in hindsight would you have opted for a different model/make DR?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ive heard that they are slow compared to even other electric Cannon down riggers.  That the plane Jane electric cannons are faster at dropping and raising the ball.  And Im just not sure that bottom tracking would actually help me catch more fish.  Even when I troll lakers right on the bottom.  

The bottom tracking is very simple on my older digi 4s. It does work, but I don't really use it much. The jig feature on the digitrolls is what I use a lot and it does catch fish, and can be used for bottom bouncing. My riggers are far from slow, but I can change the speed on them, which is another nice feature on the digits. I can't imagine the newer digitrolls are any slower than mine.

I have the digitroll10's. They can be just as fast. They have many speeds to choose from. My opinion is to not use the fast speed. Too many bad things can happen very quickly and that's why I bought them instead of the mag 10's. Everyone with the mags have been putting snubbers above the weight because of the quick stop.
The bottom tracking feature is the nuts when fishing lake trout 1' off the bottom. Anyone that has fished with me we're very impressed with it. I don't have to keep going side to side and adjusting the rigger depth.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters