Is Lake Ontario Rising Again?

Is Lake Ontario Rising Again?

I haven't been to the lake in a couple of weeks and we've been getting pounded with heavy rain recently, especially these past few days. Is the lake rising again or has it gone down at all? But looking at the big picture, it looks like the eastern half or 2/3 of the Great Lakes have been getting absolutely drenched recently. One day last week Watertown (NY) got over 3.2" of rain in a single day!

What about the inland lakes like the Finger Lakes? I've noticed that Cranberry Lake (NY) has been under flash flood watches the last 2 days or so.

Thanks and have a safe July 4th weekend.

Edited by Todd in NY

Thanks for the link. 2 weeks ago I still had to wade through 2ft deep water to launch my 16ft boat up in Chaumont Bay. They have a floating dock but most of the ramp leading to the dock was under water.

Get ready to do this all over again next year.  I really don't think they will be able to get the lake low enough by spring next year if this weather pattern keeps up. 

We were just saying the exact same thing, with the heavy rains in Utica Ny. Was wondering if any of this hit Lake'O?? It might be this time next  year till the lakes back to near normal.

We had flash flooding and several inches of rain here in CNY.  The roads in this area have closed 3 times in the last 24 hours.  Otisco is 4 plus inches higher than I've ever seen it and it's still rising.  Lake has rose a foot and docks are under water.  If the wind kicks up we will have to pull boats.