Cayuga thunder fishing

thunder fishing

showed up to deans cove with a thunder storm banging on us . sat it out with the help of a thermos of coffee . it pass and we got launch ,went out in front of the ramp set up in 60 fow and trolled north working 70 to 130 fow .started out slow ,when the skies open up the fish started hitting. the harder it rain the more fish we caught . fish were coming in one to four at a time with the rig rods . the fish were running small for us today. after  several bows and LL not one keeper the lake trout were around 4 to 5 lbs with just two weighting around 7 to 8 lbs ..thank god for the goretex bids and coat today it rain so much my auto bilge came on, all and all i enjoyed the fishing adventurer this morning . 

Fished yesterday in the tournament out of genesee river and the same thing first fish came in an absolute downpour and I was lucky enough to draw that straw, got soaked.. Insane good fishing in the rain.. Woody

2 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

U r crazy b3ing out there in this... roads in Lansing all closed

was thinking the same thing while i was reeling the wire dipy rod in and watching the lighting bolts in the sky  and standing in monsoon rain and wind . after the thunder past it got calm waters and steady rain with a brake in it before it started up again ..

Brian I know you're one hardcore dude but lightning spares nobody bud :)  I know that is the "uncle" word for me with my stainless steel bowrail:lol:

21 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

Brian I know you're one hardcore dude but lightning spares nobody bud :)  I know that is the "uncle" word for me with my stainless steel bowrail:lol:

very true , but i rather go doing some thing i love to do than get wack by a tractor trailer . 

12 hours ago, fisherdude said:

very true , but i rather go doing some thing i love to do than get wack by a tractor trailer . 

I fully agree with you on that one...:)