Torpedo wire, a quality service company

Torpedo wire

Last January I bought a 1000 feet of 19 strand wire and 300 feet of the weighted stainless  wire and while loading up my reel I found a few places where  a strand had come loose. I did not think much of it and cut the sections out and retied. Then just 3 weeks ago I bought another roll which had no defects at all. I used it with 200 feet of the weighted steel line and I just love it. One rod and reel for all the different lengths of weighted line instead of 4 rods with different footage of copper. I decided to give Matthew from Torpedo a call and explained about the first roll that I bought. He listened to my issue and told me that he would send me a replacement roll. Today I got the roll in the mail. These guys stand behind their product!!

I will load up another reel with the 19 strand and 100 feet of the weighted steel line. It should go down about 20 foot and then an additional 20 foot for every hundred feet of 19 strand that I let out.

What I will have now are 2 rods which will replace several coppers and also allow me to use it instead of different lengths of leadcore simply by letting out more backing. The best thing about this stuff is the uncanny ability to be in a pile on the deck and not becoming a bird's nest. I had about 40 feet laying on the deck in front of me and I just reeled it back onto the reel. I am done with copper. I will have at least one Penn 340 levelwind for sale.

Edited by rolmops