We fished the Monroe county pro am today out of the genesee river. I have never fished Rochester, so wasn't sure what to expect. We started off long pond in about 100 fow- we ran spoons off the diggers (65-100), dipseys with meat or flies back 250+, and 400-500 coppers with meat.

We had pretty decent action to start- we had a nice steelie jump us off right behind the boat on a 80 rigger, we boated a good salmon and a nice brown on a double.. then it all fell apart. We missed 2 shots on copper with meat, then had another double where a nice laker spit the hook JUST before I could scoop, then we had a brown fall THROUGH the net (apparently it had a hole?!?!). Then we tangled 2 long coppers. Before it all was said and done, it is 8 am, we've had 8 bites, and 2 freaking fish in the box! We easily should have had 5 in the box- we lost 3 fish within 10 feet of the boat. We just never recovered after that.

Our best program was long coppers off of braddocks bay in about 140-180. Riggers with small spoons down 70-110, and meat deep took shots. I had multiple hits on pretty

Much every rod- except my dipseys. The lack of action on the dipseys was perplexing.

We would have a very slow pick the rest of the day on small salmon. They just weren't big enough to make a difference, and I didn't even bother weighing in.

The good news? Tons and tons of bait. Also, the public launch is nice and I like the port of Rochester.

The Fishin' Physician Assistant

Even us guys in small boats just jigging have bad days.  We lost our propeller on our electric motor??????   That is a new one on me.  we are still looking for a prop for a motor guide 30 pound "thruster"......jk