Owasco 7/2

Owasco 7/2

We started out thinking we could launch out of South Shore Marina, but water was almost covering his docks. The right side of the ramp is closed and just the short dock is open, but was not sure about launching there, so we headed to Emerson Park. Water was up in the outlet but we were able to launch just fine. The current coming back to the docks is strong so take that into account when docking. Went 8 for 9 on the day, all Lakers. Got a double right by Burris Point, both about 6lbs. Trolled the west side and picked up a few here and there. Got nothing on the east side. Fleas are bad right now and we got into them all over. The hot spoon for us today was GLT 44 with blue stripe on it. First time we used Offshore Pro Mag planer boards and I really like them they get the line way away from the boat and allowed to comfortable put another line on a smaller planer board next to it. We hung 10 colors of leadcore and a torpedo weight off of them and they tracked great. They run low in the water and can be tricky detecting a fish on. They pull hard but a 9 ft Ugly Stick handled it fine. 7 of the fish today came off the Pro Mag planer boards so it's something we have to keep in the program.  Largest fish of the day was 9lbs. 

Edited by On the Hook

The cloud burst on Saturday night sent the lake level up by 10 inches. I spent most of Sunday morning in a canoe catching dock sections and towing them back. It is the biggest rise in the water level that I have witnessed since 1979 when I bough the cottage on Owasco lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United